New drivers messing up menus in HL - TFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers messing up menus in HL - TFC

Is anyone having trouble with the new drivers (5.52) and TFC? I had to reinstall TFC yesterday and I decided to give the 5.52 drivers a try.

I loaded the 5.52 drivers (removing old ones first) and everything worked fine - no shutdown problems or anything. I thought "I'm home free!".

I reinstalled TFC and fired it up for a game. It loaded and I was able to play a game but when I hit the ESC button, the game locked up at the menu screen but none of the menus were showing. The textured background of the menu screen was there but no menu.

If I tried to C-A-D out of HL, I got white bars where menu selections should've been and I had to do a hard reset.

I didn't have Kruzin's config mods in yet but don't know if this was the problem or not. I made the config mods but haven't reinstalled 5.52.

Has anyone else seen this? I didn't try any other games before reverting back to 5.41.

TGL still locks me up at the Loading... screen.

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

------------------
    PIII 550 (not O/C'ed...yet)
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    256MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (5.41 Drivers)
    DirectX 7.0
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem!!!
    Optiquest V95 19"
    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
    Microtek flatbed scanner
    Intellimouse Explorer
    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

PIII 550@605
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
    DirectX 8.0a
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem
    Optiquest V95 19"
    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
    Microtek flatbed scanner
    Intellimouse Explorer
    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

ahartman,

Annoying, ain't it? It's really a drag when you're on a bad server, and want to switch. Escape key, oops, drops to a window with some funky looking Win 3.1 type menus....you're hosed. I usually just ctrl-esc to minimize, then kill it, and reload. This has been discussed here before, but I don't recall a specific solution, aside from using drivers other than 5.52. I'm too lazy to switch back, and aside from that annoyance, I really like the 5.52 drivers. Let's hope it's fixed with the next driver update.

John

Comment

Menus?
      HalfLife has menus?
      Just kidding.
      I guess I have just gotten used to using the console for everything (seriously, I have not used the menus in the game for ages).

But Matrox is aware of this problem, and hopefully it will be fixed in the next revision...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X