Strange artifacts in games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange artifacts in games

I've been noticing some strange artifacts in Half life, Unreal Tourny and Quake 3. More artifacts start appearing as I play.
    I know that sometimes artifacts are caused by heat and overclocking. But my G400MAX is at default speed along with my cpu.
    Does this happen to anybody else? Anyobody got any ideas on how to correct this?

Specs:
    G400MAX@1xAGP w/5.52 drivers
    P3 600e
    MSI 61613pro
    256mb ram
    (Don't think I need to list the rest, those are the main components)

Firstly, please post questions to the correct forum-- if you see these problems in games, but not in non-game apps or in Windows, then this needs to be in Matrox Gaming.

Second, many times the problem might well be with "extra components"... so please list your complete system specs... don't judge what we need to know to help you. Your IRQ list might be helpful as well.

Third, since your CPU and G400 are at default peed, what about heat? Do you have adequate cooling in your case? The fact that "more artifacts appear as (you) play" implies a problem that becomes worse over time (such as heat).

Fourth, 2 of these games use the Quake engine, and the Unreal engine has some similarities to it... do you have any games that run correctly? And what kind of artifacts do you mean? Corrupted wall textures? Weapons not appearing? Lights not appearing or miscolored? Weapons (missile) trails not disappearing or corrupted? I've made some of that up. But each category of "artifact" leads to a different class of conflict/problem.

Basically, we need a lot more information before anyone might suggest something that isn't a <u>total</U> stab in the dark...

Thanks.

------------------
    Holly

Comment

Working...
    X