Soldier of Fortune and Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier of Fortune and Win2k

got my hands on the retail release of SOF today...yesss!!!!

it doesn't run in a dual processor boot though on my machine...this almost seems like a direct x problem to me...i could be wrong about that, other than that it runs great at 1024 x 768 @ high visual settings and audio when only booted on one processor.

i did get one unexpected treat. i forgot to shut the dual head off before i started the game(..i had gotten used to having to do this in win98, which is removed now)...my second display was shut off for me during gameplay, and, was properly restored upon exiting...no errors...no screen corruption.

my question is this - is that a feature of matroxs' driver or SOF? i mean the dual head shutoff and restore...

chucky

Toy Box;

Motherboard: AMI MegaRUM II, dual 600Mhz Pentium III processors (installed), each with a 32/512 Cache configuration. 512 Mb of PC100(CAS3), 8ns memory. Symbios Logic 53C896 U2W SCSI controllers. Intel 443GX Xeon chipset.

SCSI I/O:

Channel 1(LVD/U2): 4 Seagate LVD Cheetah 18LP, ST39103LW Ultra2 Wide SCSI-3 hard Drives, each with 1024k cache.

Channel 2(SE): JAZ 2GB internal, Plex-Writer 8/20, Pioneer DVD-303s ultra-scsi DVD reader and 2 UltraPlex-Wide 17/40 speed CD-ROM drives.

USB: USB Zip Drive, Epson Stylus Scan 2500, Intellimouse Explorer

Networking: The network adapter is a 3Com 3C509B-TX PCI 10/100 Mbps controller, and a US Robotics Courier V.Everything 33.6/28.8/x2/V.90 internal ISA modem.

Video: Matrox G400 Max with Dual Head. The primary display is a Panasonic PanaSync E21, .25-dot pitch, 20" viewable; the secondary display is a Samsung 17" Flat Panel Display(.264mm pitch) model 770TFT.

Multi-media: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live PCI Bus Mastering sound card. Speaker system is the Cambridge Works FPS2000 Digital speaker system.

System Information report written at: 03/29/2000 11:34:54 AM
    [IRQs]

IRQ Number Device

128 Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead Max - English

31 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller

48 Symbios Logic 896, 22910 PCI SCSI Adapter

49 Symbios Logic 896, 22910 PCI SCSI Adapter

60 Creative SB Live! (WDM)

64 3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC (3C905B-TX)

1 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)

4 Communications Port (COM1)

6 Standard floppy disk controller

8 System CMOS/real time clock

13 Numeric data processor

12 Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (IntelliPoint)

Did you do any special settings before starting the game? When I start it my screen clicks a few times and then the program says it can't start and that an entry has been made in the error logs. The logs don't give any sense... I'm using a Matrox G400, with the latest powerdesk 5.03 (Have not tried any other OpenGl games with Win2K.. Are there any ICD settings? )

Comment

Oystein,

powerdesk is pretty much at its' default settings, and no i didn't do anything special before starting the game. since i don't have another machine to reference i don't use 32 bit colors to see if there is any difference i the way it looks, so i don't have the 32 bit z-buffer turned on.

quake 3 and unreal tournament run fine, again in single processor mode...oh well!

what is the text of the error that your getting??

chucky

Comment

Working...
      X