PKY's Matrox G400 driver v1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PKY's Matrox G400 driver v1.3

Has anybody seen this? better yet is anyone using them? if so how are they? Does Matrox know or care the guy is doing this?
    PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

where to find this driver(?) and what is this exactly???

------------------
    \\ Surfwienix //
    (German)

My System:

AMD K6-2/400 non-o/c
    Epox MVP3C-M Super7 (VIA 4.20 + AGP v4.0)
    128MB SDRAM(PC100)
    G400 MAX (PD 5.52 + TGL 1.3 + DX 7a) AGP2x non-o/c
    Terratec DMX Sound-System
    6,4GB Maxtor HDD (UDMA33)
    ASUS 50x-CDROM (UDMA33)
    Realtek 8019 Ethernet (ISA)
    19" Monitor CTX-VL950T (95khz)
    Windows 98SE

my system:

AMD XP 2000+
    Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
    512MB SDRAM133
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
    Windows XP Prof

Comment

The "drivers" can be found at http://www.ParaKnowYa.de

He did not actually write any drivers himself. What he has done is simply taking:

- The newest drivers
      - A Glide emulator
      - The classic RegHacks
      - A FAQ that he is making
      + Probably some stuff i forgot

and stuffed it all into a convinient ZIP file.

So if you already have most this, you can probably life without it.

I too got my hopes up, thinking it was some spectacular assembler level rewritten driver or something

But if ParaKnowYa drops by he will probably tell you more (he hangs around here sometimes).

Torben R.
      G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

Oh well, I never bother with Tech support from any company anyways. I worked for Epson America for 4 years in technical support and know what goes on behind the scenes, I ususally just figure things out for myself. If it fries I just have it replaced, but I rarely ever deal with a technician.
        PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Hi guys,

yes it's true, I did not modify the driver concerning it's core. I wanted to create a working driver pack which contained some goodies (they were named, glide wrappers and an FAQ till now) which works best for me and probably others. Another good side effect is that I'm kicked out all the G200 drivers and those files we (G400 owners) do not need reducing the file size to an extent.
          I'm releasing these drivers very fast after a new release of Matrox so you can wait a bit and then grab the smaller file.

It is also true that I've had some nice discussion over at Matrox' Tech Sup Forum. And yes, I was discussing about the legal situation but because nobody sent back a complain or anything BAD, I'm continuing to release new versions.

I did also contact the developers corner but I did not get a reply so I might try it again as soon as I've got some free time here. This is mainly because I'd like to look @ unreleased drivers and maybe to enhance my driver pack in future.

All I can say is that some people who are using my drivers really like them. I'm trying to push the FAQ so that it becomes an important part of the driver pack. For the FAQ however, I'm looking for help from all G400 users. They are asked to send me their problem describtions so that we can solve them and include the info in the FAQ and if they've found a solution to their problem to send the problem describtion in with the solution to again include the info in the FAQ.

Any other help is greatly appreciated and I'm always interested in feedback and comments.

For more information, please mail me or check my G400 driver page as soon as it's up. =)

Sorry for the delay but I wasn't visiting this forum for some time due to a lot of work with my site and real life...

regards
          PKY

Comment

And as far as I'm concerned, if Matrox doesn't care (if they did, they woulda contacted you right away), and Ant doesn't care (he says he trusts PKY's work), then I don't care either.

('course, I won't be using them...gotta keep my rig doin the Beta Boyz Shuffle )
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X