opengl games and G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opengl games and G200

I just acquired a G200 to use with my Grandsons computer and I would like some advice on how to set up the opengl drivers to play Quake II. I downloaded the latest G200 drivers but I do not know how to set the game up with opengl. This is a real nice card for directx games such as Jedi Knight, but I wanted to check the performance of the Quake type games.

Hi there.
    The latest G200 drivers have a built in OpenGL ICD, that is installed when you install the drivers.
    To set up the game with openGl just go to the video options and select "default opengl". It should change to opengl mode. If it doesn´t check if the drivers are properly installed (run setup.exe, don´t install them using the .inf files or something like that) and if you are running in 16 or 32 bpp desktop. 24 bpp won´t do it.

Comment

Nuno,

Thank you for your response. The 24bit color mode is what killed me. After I changed to 16 bit mode it worked fine.

Comment

Hey, glad you got it working you´ll see the G200 still has some life in it.

Comment

Nuno,

I could not believe how great the image quality is on the G200 as compared with my Voodoo3. I put the game in the same place on both computers and the difference is amazing. Now I know what my next kick-ass video card will be - - -The G800 when it becomes available.

Comment

Working...
          X