How do you drop a relic in UT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you drop a relic in UT?

I remember reading somewhere that there was a way to drop your relic so that you can pick up one you want more. I just can't remember how to do it or where I saw it. Anyone that knows how to do this feel free to post. heh Thanks all.

Feinting death? Did you try that one yet?
    The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
    The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
    The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Edit the User.ini file located in the Unreal Tournament system folder.

Find a key you wish to bind the command to and add mutate TossRelic.

Example from my User.ini file. I have it bound to the Tab key. Pressing the Tab key will throw the relic.
      Tab=mutate TossRelic

xippo
      aka Dr.Carnage

Comment

im not sure where it is, i noticed that when the bonus pack came out, the news server tab said how to do it, i did it, and now i cant remember how to do it.
        I think its something like set droprune=e if e is the letter you want to use for dropping runes
        Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
        WinXP Professional SP1
        Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
        3COM 905C

Comment

Thanks much xippo. I hate not being able to pick up a better relic.

Comment

Yes, xippo. Definitely a big thanks. I'd been thinking that there had to be a way for that as I played on a relics enabled server, but never took the time to look it up.

Now maybe I can use that Relic of Vengeance instead of the Relic of Defense that I usually have. Look out for the exploding skull! Hehe.

------------------
            Ace
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Now, I think the next question we should ask Xippo to answer is "How do you juggle those weapons in the air?" And "Just how much spare time do you have on your hands?"

If you haven't seen him juggle, it's a riot. I laughed pretty hard at that!
              My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

too much time I guess...

Comment

I saw a pyramid (6 guys) all juggling weapons in a game of Tribes once.
                  When I was done laughing I was wishing I still had some grenades
                  Games Box
                  --------------
                  Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
                  ------
                  Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
                  -------------
                  Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Working...
                  X