NTFS not compatable w/ Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFS not compatable w/ Games?

I originally installed Win2000 Pro under FAT32. Installed G Police (an older game that NT Compatable says will run under Win2k). Under FAT32, it runs fine.

After converting the drive to NTFS, it crashes to the desktop after trying to start a game.

Am I missing something (beyond a few functioning brain cells)
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

With a game of G-Police's vintage, it wouldn't surprise me. There are more than a few games from that time period that crashed when the program wasn't stored on the disk in a particular manner.

Dungeon Keeper, for example, crashed (without a patch) under Win98, because Win98 uses that little thinger (what's it called again?) that rearranges your apps to start faster.

So it wouldn't surprise me that under NTFS such a program utterly fails to run. Newer programs don't have this problem, nor do older ones. It was a pretty limited time period. Check for a patch for G-Police.

By the way, this was the wrong forum for this post, since it is utterly unrelated to Matrox.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X