No announcement yet.

Win98SE, UT and the cheescloth effect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98SE, UT and the cheescloth effect.

I have no idea what this is, but it only seems to be in Win98SE cause in Win2K it's gone. But when I use the secondary fire button for the missle launcher when the projectiles go flying through the air the textures turn to cheescloth looking monstrosities and the explosions do the same thing. under Win2K I have yet to see this after a weeks worth of playing time. Any ideas?
    PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but this really sounds like the effect of using 16 bit colour.
    Is it possible that UT is defaulting to 16 bit colour when you run it in Win98SE ?

Comment

You know, the exact same thing happened to me recently -- only the secondary fire of the rocket launchers (bullet hole decals were a little funcky too). Just one day I noticed it (no system changes that I can recall). It stayed with me for about a week, and then the effect went away. I have no idea what caused it or what fixed it -- I haven't messed with any display or game settings recently.
      My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

It really doesn't bother me enough to worry about it, it just looks funky that's all .
        PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

See my topic UT: Alt-Rocket fire problem FIXED!!

i had ugly black rectangles trailing behind the grenades, but with a few changes using that Tweak program, i fixed it.

bRuiner

Comment

Working...
          X