lockups w/directx games w/552 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lockups w/directx games w/552 drivers

Since I loaded the 552 drivers, I've had HL Opposing Force and System SHock2 lockup in the exact same manner. As soon as you enter gameplay, the game locks up and horizontal lines start filling the screen. I then have to hit reset to get out. I may be able to play for a couple of days w/no problem, then it will start doing it every time I load. With HL:OF, I simply changed to OpenGL and the problem went away. However, with System Shock2, I finally backed off to the 530 drivers, and the lockups stopped.
    Anyone else having this problem? I'm using Directx 7.0a.

jws,

This isn't really a solution, but you really want to be running HL in OpenGL anyways (looks better, smoother play, etc).

John

Comment

Yeah, it's just historically, directx stuff has had less bugs than the Matrox opengl stuff. I've contacted Matrox and of course they wanted to blame my Overclocking, which I humored them and it didn't help. And that's after I told them that Opengl was fine, just directx. Go figure..
      Nothing yet has been as good at the 530 drivers.

Comment

I have been having the same problems. I run HL or UT with OpenGL (turbo gl) get about 3 minutes into the game (sometimes more, sometims less) and it freezes. No lines.. only reset works. Go to D3d in both and they run fine. same 552 drivers and current 1.3? TurboGL.. No overclocking either. I would rather use opengl for the reasons stated above....

Comment

Working...
        X