Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockups (K7M of course)

Well what can I say? Same strange lockups like many K7M users
    All new drivers installed, except Matrox G400 Driver (currently using 5.41, since it seems most stable)
    Tried all kind og config's, BIOS tweaking, Apeturesize on 256, tweaked RAM setting, tweaked ALL! Nothing works Sometimes I'm able to run Quake3 ROCK solid for hours using the 5.41 and 5.41 turboGL! But sometinmes it crashes. VIA chipsets SUCK! I used to have a TNT2 and that was really crappy!!! G400 is more stable, but not 100%stable, far by! My IRQ is 11 and it's shared with "ACPI holder for PCI something" ONLY! I tried many compinations with the AGP miniport drivers and VIA's 4in1417 and 420. Nothing works
    Really need help!

BTW: G400 MAX just make my old 15" look really need! Thanks Matrox

And whats the issue with TurboGL and wierd mirror effects in Q3dm0 and Q3tourney6?

specs:
    Athlon 500
    Asus K7M Mobo
    128 MB PC100 RAM (Don't know the name, no labels on the block)
    Onboard Audio
    13.5 GB IBM Harddrive
    24X CD-ROM

Nicolaj, Denmark

You may want to take your problem to the forums at www.slota.com. The Message Board there is focused on the Athlon processors, and I know the issues have been found and fixed by MANY people over there. You may want to make sure you are running BIOS version 1008(not 1007 or earlier). The K7M is an AMD/VIA chipset hybrid, and it works for MOST people. I don't bother with first person shooters, so I can't help you, but check the message boards over there, and you should find a solution.

Comment

Working...
    X