Gaming Mouse Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Mouse Question

I have come to the conclusion that my mouse is a P.O.S. and would like to get some ides on what to get.
    It probably won't help my game play but it couldn't hurt either. LOL
    Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this here, but after watching all of you play I aspire to get to that level, sometime before it hit 50, and that's not to far off!!!

Xippo AKA Dr.Carnage, its nice to have you back playing!
    Time to make the wafers!
    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Hi Oboy!

P.O.S? A gaming mouse won't give you gamingskill! Maybee aiming would become a little easier. One year ago I'd the same thoughts about skill and how to reach! But now after one year of getting fragged my skill has become better without a gaming mouse. However I took the chance to buy a Razor 2000 over here in Germany! It will be delivered soon around march 17-20.
    Marco

------------------
    Celeron 300A@450
    Asus P2B, G400 DH 4A 32MB SG-Ram oc@150\200 256 MB Cas2 PC100

PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

Comment

boomslang is unergonomic as hell.

would further aggravate my carpal tunnel syndrome, and besides the placement of buttons is too long for my small asian hands.

i like my mouseman+ scroll.
      ==
      "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Boomslang...I've got one on a shelf collecting dust. It don't work right for me. The buttons fire when you don't press them. The scroll wheel scrolls when you don't scroll it. And every once in a while it just goes ape bongo nuts. I'm back on my Logitech mouse.

Comment

I've just bought one of those Intellimouse Explorers, and I've got mixed feelings.
          On the plus side the extra smoothness has greatly improved my Quake III prowess. On the minus side I have a pain in my right arm....I think Microsoft's definition of 'ergonomic' means SHAPED to the human hand, not EASILY OPERABLE by the human hand.

Anyway, go for a USB mouse if you can, as the higher sampling rate (120hz) translates into smoother gameplay. If not, get a PS2 mouse and use Microsoft's latest intellipoint driver (whatever make the mouse is) as it samples a PS2 mouse at 100hz.

Comment

Genius Netmouse or Netmouse PRO is nice. Just make sure you get the ps/2 version, then you can easily set frequency to anything you want with the PS2rate. Some people said that 200 MHz is ideal for Quake.
            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Intellimouse Explorer. Definitly. Despite all what I´ve seen in the web about gaming, it is the more acurate mouse I´ve seen. It plays fps like a charm. Go for it.

Comment

Thx Oboy, its always a pleasure playing on the MGI server.

There is only one mouse to use for gaming, the MS Intelly Explorer (the one with the digital camera). It is by far the smoothest mouse that I have ever used. And yes, I could tell the difference when playing games like UT (and so could all my friends). I found that I could track people better because it is much more accurate and smooth. The mouse will never get stuck or sometimes wobble because of the mouse ball. Once I bought the mouse I cranked the sensitivity up to 9.0 in UT (allows for faster turns). I also like the extra buttons on the side.

I am not saying that the mouse will make to a better player, you have to spend alot of time to get really good. I tend to play from 1 to 2 hours a night, rsi permitting.

I still am fed up with that exploding relic when you die. It makes me so mad to kill someone and then boom! I don't like to die. Oh, well.

See you on the MGI server!

xippo
                aka Dr.Carnage

Comment

Ur skills will not be better without a lot of gaming, but ur aiming will def. get better with a good mouse and pad. My railing skills was 100 times better when I purchased:

Logitech Wingman Gaming Mouse USB
                  Everglide Large Black QIII Attack Pad

Go get the pad at www.everglide.com

Happy Hunting

------------------
                  Asus P3B/f
                  Pentium III 500mhz
                  Soundblaster Live
                  128mb PC100 ram
                  Matrox G400 DH Max
                  Logitech Gaming Mouse USB
                  Asus P3B/f
                  Pentium III 500@620
                  Soundblaster Live
                  256mb PC100 ram
                  Matrox G400 DH Max
                  Sony G400 19"
                  Everglide QIII Black Attack Pad

Comment

xippo....
                    what mousing surface are you using for your mouse, I have yet to find one that doesn't jump all ver the place. I've tried a traditional mousepad but they don't seem to have enough surface area for my erratic play If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
                    PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Nuno....really? I was using, and really liked my Intellimouse Pro, which I recently destroyed. Apparently the "Pro" is no longer available, so I picked up the Explorer. I love the feel and smooth response, but I've found that in quick action in TFC it occassionally gets lost. Maybe a difference in the way we play, surfaces, etc. I love the mouse, but if you play like me, you might find it frustrating.

John

Comment

YoKoMo: I don't use a mouse pad with the MS Intelly explorer. Thats the best thing about that mouse is that you can throw your mouse pad away. Use it right on the desk! Hardly no friction, feels really good.

Johnny Ray: Yes, extremely quick movements will confuse it. Turn up the mouse sensivity in the game. Once you get used to a faster mouse you will like it, just takes getting used to.

xippo

Comment

YoKoMo u should use an Everglide attack pad.
                          Get it at www.everglide.com

------------------
                          Asus P3B/f
                          Pentium III 500mhz
                          Soundblaster Live
                          128mb PC100 ram
                          Matrox G400 DH Max
                          Asus P3B/f
                          Pentium III 500@620
                          Soundblaster Live
                          256mb PC100 ram
                          Matrox G400 DH Max
                          Sony G400 19"
                          Everglide QIII Black Attack Pad

Comment

Thanks for the tip xippo.....

Comment

Johnny: I´m by no means an expert in fps gaming (I usually get my ass kicked in the ocasional times I connect to a server) but I never experience the fact of the mouse being "lost" with very fast movements. I play with a high mouse sensibility, though, because of a matter of personal taste. And that´s what amazes me more, even with a high sensibilily the mouse is allways accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X