Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare 3dMark 2k for ppl with P3V4X

Hi ppl,
    Can anyone compare their 3dMark2000 scores with me? using the "DEFAULT BENCHMARK"
    I am getting around 27xx with that default setting...

I prefer ppl with similar specs as me for comparison, coz it's kind of pointless to compare if the specs are different. I just wanna know if my system is similar to ppl with similar specs.

thx.
    PIII550E SECC2 @ 733
    ASUS P3V4X
    128MB PC100 Cache2
    Matrox G400Max
    SBLive!
    Win98se
    VIA 4in1 4.17
    PD5.52
    Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
    ASUS P4T-EA
    Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
    ATI 8500 Retail
    SB Audigy Plat. ex+
    WinXP Pro SP1

hmmm..well I get 2831 on my system and that is with the default setting...I dunno about
    those VIA chipsets....

------------------
    P3-450 o/c 558
    Abit BH6
    128 PC100
    G400 SH 32M o/c MAX spex
    SB Live X-Gamer
    Pioneer 6X DVD
    Maxtor 10 Gig H.D.
    Fujitsu 13 Gig H.D.
    Win98 SE
    Samsung Synchmaster 17"
    Logitech C/L Mouse/Kybrd
    Altec Lansing ACS56
    oh yea! and a 3M Precise
    Mouse pad!!
    P3-450 o/c 558
    Abit BH6
    128 PC100
    G400 SH 32M o/c MAX spex
    SB Live X-Gamer
    Pioneer 6X DVD
    Maxtor 10 Gig H.D.
    Fujitsu 13 Gig H.D.
    Win98 SE
    Samsung Synchmaster 17"
    Logitech C/L Mouse/Kybrd
    Altec Lansing ACS56
    oh yea! and a 3M Precise
    Mouse pad!!

Comment

3110. Not too shabby.

PIII500E @720
      Soyo SY-6BA+IV
      128MB PC133 (Apacer)
      Matrox G400 16MB D/H
      Generic Aureal Vortex
      Win98se
      PD5.52

Comment

Thanks ppl,
        Caprice: Your mobo is using the BX chipset...thats why even 558Mhz as compared to mine...your score is still higher...but I thought I only wanted ppl who has similar specs to compared with me...anyways...thanks for sharing

Giskard: Thanks for comparing...your specs are closer to mine...but I have a question for you...your CPU is the 500E...and if you O/C your CPU to 720Mhz...that means your FSB is 144...then I guess your AGP and PCI are both O/Ced? am I correct?...coz your G400 is O/C too...what chipset is your mobo?...

thx ppl
        Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
        ASUS P4T-EA
        Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
        ATI 8500 Retail
        SB Audigy Plat. ex+
        WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

You should expect very high scores in 3DMark2000 with your hardware configuration. For some odd reason, the G400 scores are low compared to boards of its generation. This may be a quirk with the Matrox drivers and MadOnion's software. It's hard to say. We've seen the G400 produce number competitive with the GeForce in UT and 3DMark99 Max, so it is most likely not a problem with the G400's Direct3D performance.

I've done fairly extensive tests with a non-Matrox board and the P3V4X and a number of driver combinations. In real world situations, with the correct VIA driver combination, the P3V4X posts very similar numbers to a Intel BX-based platform with a similar hardware configuration. For some reason, however, it still lags behind with 3DMark2000.

I'm not sure if 3DMark2000 is a good indicator of your system's performance at this point.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Result: 3310

System:
            G400 Max Latest Win 9X driver
            PIII 650E at 806MHZ
            256MB Micron PC133 Ram
            Cheapo 32X CD-Rom
            SB Live!
            3COM Nic
            Speakers
            what not, and a bunch of crap running in the background.

PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Hi Sanjuro,
              The Soyo SY-6BA+IV uses the old faithful BX chipset. The PCI is running at 36mhz and the AGP is running at 96mhz. The G400 gives up the Ghost if i push it beyond 96. I'm not too worried, because it's running way out of spec anyway.

Cheers,
              Giskard

Comment

Hey yall,
                Thanks everyone for their reply...I really appreciate it...with the new bios...I can finally use ATA66...but still pretty bad with Q3 scores...and 3dMark2k scores...I guess I'll have to wait for both Matrox to release more compatible TGL, Drivers and ASUS to release more newer Bios'...I'll compare the scores with everyone again then....thanks again
                Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
                ASUS P4T-EA
                Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
                ATI 8500 Retail
                SB Audigy Plat. ex+
                WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

I don't think Matrox is going to redo their drivers because of issues related to a single motherboard.

I'm not using a Matrox board along with the P3V4X. I decided to test it with a TNT2 Ultra. When I used the 4.17 drivers alone, I got about 54 fps in Quake3, 800x600, 16-bit. After uninstalling the 4.17 drivers, reinstalling the 4.17 AGP driver and the remaining 4.20 drivers, I started getting about 74 fps in Quake3 using the same settings.

I upgraded the BIOS to 1003.1 beta, reinstalled Windows, installed the 4.17 drivers by themselves and my Q3 scores dropped to around 64 fps. This indicates to me that there may be a busmastering issue with board that is fixed with the 4.20 busmastering driver.

There is, apparently, an issue with the Matrox PD 5.52 drivers and VIA chipsets.

I had problems messing around and installing and uninstalling the VIA busmastering drivers. I found reinstalling Windows after making a mess with the VIA drivers was the most reliable way of getting things working properly.

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 16 March 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X