X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hired Team Bumpmapped Demo Released!

Go get this bump-mapped shooter!
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/bump/hired_team.htm

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Right on it.

------------------
    p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com ethernet connected to our school's 400mbits of bandwidth...

p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

Awesome engine demo!
      The bump mapped water and lava look incredible!

------------------
      MatroxG400MAX, AsusP2B-L(rev.1011), Celeron266(SL2QG@448MHz), 128MB PC100 SDRAM, QuantumFireball(KX)27.3,Promise Ultra66,
      ADI MicroScanG66(19"), MonsterSoundMX200, PioneerDVD103-S, MotorolaCyberSURFR modem, Logitech iTouch
      cordless keyboard/mouse,
      Yamaha speakers (4+1sub),
      Iomega Zip drive (100MB internal)

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 12 March 2000).]

Comment

"Slime with EMBM - Notice the ripples in the slime even under the fence"

hehehe

Comment

Okay, so you run around, 'ooh' and 'aah' over the EMBM efect and ... is that all. I managed to get HUD and FPS counter + my hand and weapon (without texture ) but that's all about it. Hey someone tell the authors of Hired Team to work faster. It looks realy nice.
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

now if we could get them to put EMBM into Unreal II
            jim
            PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
            128mb pc-100 cas 2
            Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
            Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
            SB Live!
            Winblows 98se & DX7
            and 384k DSL!

Comment

Hello, people!
              I'm project leader of Hired Team: Trial!
              This demo version we specially prepare for Matrox and we did not have enough time and that is why made this demo within one week.
              But the game is near to complete.

Comment

RudyBear - well, I must say, keep up the good work. I do however, have a question. Maybe it's because you put it together in one week (or it could just be my drivers), but even at 800x600 embm off, the game is a little choppy sometimes (Such as during a sharp turn). I'm using a MAX on an Athlon 700 with 196 megs ram. Other than that, it looks incredible. Way to go!

Dimitri

P.S.: Impact, how did you manage to get the HUD/... to show up? All I can do is walk around and "ooh" and "ahh"

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 13 March 2000).]
                "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Check the demo directories, in the SYSTEM dir (I think, I don't have the demo installed here right here right now) there are some configuration files (.cfg or .ini). Open them in notepad, in one of them, there you can find a section that has

showfps = 1
                  showHUD = 0

and change the showhud to 1.

To get the weapon, find an entry called

hand = 0

and change it to 1. But the hand with weapon is about 5-10 fps performance hit.

If you did it right, then when the game starts, you'll see an ammo and weapons counter and fps counter.

I guess it's just those endless Quake 2 (Gloom to be exact) hours of cfg editing that really teach how to edit any type of cfg. After writing endless team chat .cfgs, the knowledge does show up sometimes.

BTW: Muad'Dib, i'm pretty sure we've met before on edome servers.

Comment

Thanks Impact. It's a very good possibility that we have met, but just for clarification, what the heck is an edome server!?! hehe

Dimitri
                    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

eDome A or B are those finnish Gloom servers that I sometimes play on. (they were also called Inet A and B before - gloom.quake2.inet.fi with different ports) But I might remember your name from the teamreaction forum. I am not sure. Nevermind.

Comment

Dimitri,
                        Yes, we know about this problem. Something in the new Martox's drivers...

Comment

I'm glad to know the problem is being looked at.

Impact, thanks for clarifying. Now I know for sure that you don't know me from that...

Dimitri
                          --- Albert Einstein

Comment

heh, your nick is widely used then...

Comment

Yea...when you "borrow" the name of a hero from a popular film/book, there's bound to be others equally un-original out there
                              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                              X