Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost cutting?

Hello everyone
    I have a question-I have read that the new lot of G200's are being manufactured by the .25 micron process while the earlier generation was being manufactured by the .35 micron process. So is it true that these newer chips do not require any heatsink? My Millenium G200 LE that I bought recently doesn't have one. So is this coz it doesn't need it or is it being done to save costs?
    Thanks
    Ovi

Correct, the later G200/G250s are on a .25u die, and are shipped without a heat sink. It should be fine, as long as your case if properly ventilated, and you are not overclocking the card. If you are going to o/c, or if there are heat concerns, you can easily install an aftermarket cooler (like the Tennmax Lasagne)...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Most probably because it doesn´t need one.
      Does it come with the sticker on the chip?

Comment

There was no sticker on the chip,just the usual information(which I didn't read!)printed on the chip.But what is the sticker supposed to be for?But thanks a lot for clearing up my doubts(and soo fast )
        Cheers
        Ovi

[This message has been edited by Ovi (edited 10 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ovi (edited 10 March 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X