• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & Janes F/A-18

AMD Athlon 650
    128MB PC100 Mem
    Matrox Millenium G400 32MB Dualhead
    FIC SD-11 Motherboard

I have tried running Janes F/A-18 and I am getting terrible frame rates...especially on the carrier deck. I have all the graphics turned up but I don't think this is unreasonable for the spec of machine.

These terrible frame rates are even occurring at 640*480 (I'm talking about 1 frame every 1-2 seconds....that bad)

Does anyone have any suggestions.

It's running so slowly, I even thought it was using software rendering rather then hardware acceleration.

You and the rest of the world (including myself) have all given up on tweaking the game out....i've just about given up on waiting for some sort of performance patch....the game simply blows goats...dont waste your time on it....games released last year are still better....falcon 4.0 and janes f15 are far more superior in quality...

Comment

I spent 50 Canadian dollar on this game, and it gives me 1- 2 frames per second... I thought I was going to enjoy this game, but everything's so choppy... and also.. the refund policy doesn't apply on this case.. coz I've already opened the box.. *sighs* please... Matrox ... gives us a new patch.. or Janes...

--------------------------------------
      P3-450@560, 128MB RAM, G400MAX, SB Live Value

[This message has been edited by SkY (edited 07 March 2000).]

Comment

I've got a p3 500, G400 MAX, 256 pc100, Asus p3b-F Mobo set-up and i get fairly reasonable frame rates, though i don't know the exact number (don't know the frame rates option). I can play the game with exellent frame rate at medium detail settings... that's second from the highest. If you can tell me how to obtain the exact frame rate i can get back to you.

Comment

Working...
        X