Am I the only one - haven't seen this before here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one - haven't seen this before here

I haven't seen any posts on this so I'm imagining it's just me. Those new bump map demos, they work well for all of you? The fire one looks awesome, but the smoke isn't smoke. It's a big black blob and it "sparkles" white every once in a while.
    The earth one I can't run full screen. I'm using PDesk 5.3 (now that it's workin, I don't want to screw with it... ). Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

I got the same problem, when I run the fire demo the smoke around the fire is black. And the earth demo produced corrupted bumps. I was using the PD5.3, so I switched back to PD5.52 and everything is fine.
    Hope this helps
    Sanjuro Makabe

Pentium 4B 2.26GHz
    ASUS P4T-EA
    Samsung 512MB Rambus-T
    ATI 8500 Retail
    SB Audigy Plat. ex+
    WinXP Pro SP1

Comment

I'll try that. Thanks
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I have the same problems even with the latest drivers.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

hmmm...? haven't seen any probs yet. I wonder what hardware you all might have in common? I'm using K6-2 w/ P5A.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Well it runs fine for me as well (K-7, ASUS K7M, G400 16 meg, 5.52 drivers).

BUT if I run it fullscreen I get the same black smoke as mentioned above (which isn't smoke, it's "heatdistortion" (like Hollywood desertscenes).

Torben R.
            G400 news, info, downloads and mailinglist : http://TRsDomain.homepage.dk

Comment

I got no problem at all in both window and full screen. I am using the latest bios and PD 5.52.
              Yuet

Comment

Nope, mine works fine over here.

------------------
                G400 on a G400
                What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Well, you're all one step ahead of me. I get no fire at all. All that I see is the ripples on the water.

------------------
                  Ace
                  "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                  Gainward Ti4600
                  AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
                  X