Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPL and the new TurboGL?

Hi all racers!

As you know there is a lot of texture pallette problems with the latest (5.52.015) Powerdesk and Grand Prix Legends. Don't get me wrong here, I'm happy that GPL at least works now.. It's just that GPL seems also slower than when I ran it with TNT board.

Does the new TurboGL (version 1.30.002) help with this? Is there ANY reason I should use TurboGL with GPL?

Hi

BIG mistake, Rags answered me this in the Matrox Suport Forums:

You should not be using TGL to play GPL. Leave rastogl.dll alone, it is a game related library, it is necessary to leave it in-tact and unchanged when you run the OGL patch for the game. Make sure there are no Opengl32.dll, or G400ICD's in your GPL directory. Then look in your GPL directory for app.ini, click on it and open it with notepad. Make sure under [Graphics] that it says either:
    lastRasterizerDLL = rastOGL.dll
    or
    lastRasterizerDLL = soft.dll

Then save the changes you made, then launch GPL, goto graphics and select OpenGL as your rendering platform. Exit the game then restart. If you still have problems, I would suspect it is due to files being changed/damaged, just uninstall your game, then install the OpenGL beta patch again, and you should be in business. Remember TGL is not for GPL.

Rags

So I guess we stand corrected!

Cya

------------------
    Celery 366 OCed @ 446(81), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live! Value, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

--
    Gilles Lalonde
    SysAdmin (.RPM)
    Linkedin

Comment

The Turbo GL is significantly faster on any game. I have found however that it runs much better on a PIII than a PII. Please make sure that you have no other GL drivers on your system as this definately causes the TGL behave strangely. Also make sure that your AGP aperture size setting in the CMOS is set to its maximum size.

Comment

Working...
      X