Final Fantasy 8 Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy 8 Music

No help from me I fear, merely the knowledge that you're not alone. I have the same problem on a vortex2 based soundcard (MX300).

I can only presume we're gonna have to wait for SquareSoft to give us a patch.

Uberlad

-------------------------
    8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
    5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

I've got the Live!, and am using the latest drivers as well...I can't say that I have the same problem. I just finished it last night, and WOW...it was worth it

What type of system do you have? MOBO?

Larry

Comment

Final Fantasy 8 Music

Hi,

I've been playing FF8 for a while now. I don't really experience any of the graphic problems listed here, but one thing that is really getting up my nostrils is the bloody midi music. Everytime it loads a new screen, the music goes all distorted for a second or so, and then goes back to normal. I thought I would be able to live with it, but it just annoys me more and more. I'm running it on a SB Live Value with the latest drivers. I've tried running the Yamaha SoftSynth thingy from FF7, disabling EAX, everything. I'm getting desperate. Anyone got ANY suggestions?

Comment

I'm running a P3 450, 256mb RAM, Matrox G400 32mb DH, SB Live Value. I'm running the latest PD, as well as the latest drivers for the SB...

I'm getting so annoyed with this bloody sound bug, I'm almost thinking of just finishing the game on my Playstation. At least I won't have these sound problems.

Comment

I heard from someone that if you have your DMA settings checked for you HDDs in the windows control panel, this problem will be resolved. I, too have the same problem also, but for some strange reason I cannot enable DMA on my HDDs. I know that they support it, but there is no way for me to force it. Anyways, hope this helps. Also check out <A Href="http://members.xoom.com/soundhere/index2.html">this link</A> for more in-detail information concerning FF8 problems.

Madman

Comment

Working...
          X