New 5.52 Driver and G200 Direct3D Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 5.52 Driver and G200 Direct3D Crash

Since i installed the new drivers, any games that uses direct3d will crash with the faithfull blue screen of death. I uninstalled the drivers, re-installed directX but it does seem to fix the problem.

I had no problems with the 5.41 drivers before, and all my directX games were fine. The problem started when i tried to play Thief. I discovered, that I could only play it in software rendering. The new drivers were suppossed to fix this .

Anybody experiencing the same problems.

Cheers!, Steph

AX59PRO, bios 2.32,
    K6-2 300MHz,
    128MB Ram,
    G200 8MB, 5.52 drivers

------------------
    Stephane Grenier
    sgrenier@fox.nstn.ca
    Stephane Grenier
    sgrenier@fox.nstn.ca

Many people have reported this problem. Matrox is working on it but will not have a fix until the next drivers. Sorry. Until then, continue using the 5.41 drivers. It only affects the G200. Apparently the G400 works fine with the new drivers.

RAB
    AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Sorry but no probs with the latest drivers with my G200 on a BX mobo/win98/Dx7 and D3D games. The lastest fixed my Ogl rainbow textures problem that the beta had introduced with the SOF demo.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X