Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL and Quake,etc.

Hi,
    If you replace the OpenGl.dll in QuakeIII with the one you can download at: http://come.to/midigg, the game works fine.
    Also other opengl games are working perfect with this driver. Click on the left site on 'opengl'.

Kees.

1) Who wrote this wrapper, and why would I want to use it?

2) The link you gave is no good.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ignore it Kruzin. The site, in German (which I didn't bother trying to use the Altavista translator on) appears to be an MP3 resource page, and this guy is probably just posting it here to try to get hits (he already got mine, so unless you really want to read / download stuff on MP3 in German..)

------------------
      Ace
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

May I help you people? This site is NOT german! It's some other language. The driver does NOT work good in Quake III!

Why not? Well because it ruins more than it repairs, you are not able to view the videos (or the quality is bad), the overall visual quality is bad (compared to 5.41 ICD, 5.50 beta ICDs and 5.52 icd), some effects are missing, there is no glowing Quake III font in the main menu, ... the list is almost endless!

I'm sorry but you should stick with the problematic 5.52. ICD, a TurboGL version or and earlier ICD to at least stay on a certain level of visual joy! =)

Comment

It's dutch.

Comment

Hehe. ParaKnowYa, Sorry about the mistake in the language. I guess that's what I get for being an "ignorant" American- they really don't stress learning other languages in school (excpet maybe French and Spanish).

Doesn't matter anyway, as the rest of you have now stated, the drivers there are pretty much worthless to us.

------------------
            Ace

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Its a Dutch music site. Sorry for my English. I was unable to run any OpenGL game on my system with the Matrox Marvel. With this driver al games are working perfect. Maybe not on your system, but on many other systems wel. I was'nt looking for hits, this is the only way, for me, to share this driver with others.

Comment

Still waiting to hear where this is from. Did you author it? Is this some other cards wrapper? What is it????
                I have a problem with blindly downloading unknown files like this...
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Okay, sanden. Seeing as you actually took the time to come back here and post a reply, I'll apologize to you too. Every lamer I've ever seen that just posted stuff like that for hits either didn't bother to come back, or started some flame wars. You didn't, and I'm sorry.

Anyway, Kruzin asked where these drivers come from, and I'm somewhat curious myself. Any idea, or were you just lucky and stumbled onto them (and they worked for you)?

------------------
                  Ace

System specs:
                  Gainward Ti4600

Comment

Ace: NP just wanted to make it clear!

Sanden: Sorry you might be right, it might be my PC but why do the mentioned things not work on my system? What do you think is the problem?

Everyone: Did you notice any problems or errors, bad visuals or else with this driver/ wrapper? I've checked the file a bit but could not find any useful info concerning author or else. For me, I'll stick with the official ICD. It works a lot better for me!

Comment

The OpenGL driver comes from the game Treadmarks. If you start the game, you get a screen were you can select all opengl functions you want. The tool rewrite than the OpenGL.dll. That means you can program your Opengl yourself. After that replace the opengl.dll in your own game.

Here is an other tip: OpenGL works only fine if your via drivers are o.k. AGP needs the most recent drivers. Go to the website from your motherbords manufacturer en download Via3in1. Also all busmaster problems are than solved.

Comment

Hi Sanden,

thanks a lot for mentioning where you got the driver from. I do still think it's NOT superior to the official ICD and it does NOT work well with the higest visual quality settings in Q3! It's missing things like the Quake3 burning font, it displays the movies in a bad quality, ... I'm not sure if all these problems are system related but nobody else posted his/ her experiences so I must base the things I say on the facts I get from my system. BTW it's a K7M + Athlon 700 MHz I'm using!

Comment

Working...
                        X