Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to upgrade...Please help!

Hi there boys.

I own a Quantum3D Obsidian X24 and a Creative Labs Annihilator SDR. My system is a Pentium 450Mhz with 512MB SDRAM.

I've heard good things about the G400. The GeForce card looks good, but is fast *only* if you disable the VSYNC, and frankly, I just hate that ugly "tearing" on the screen.

I'd like to know if the G400 is fast enough and flicker-free (like any 3DFX chip, but looking better I guess). If this is the case, I'll buy one of those babies right now.

So, to resume: Does the G400 run fast with VSYNC enabled?

Thank you.

The GeForce is faster in most things, but only a bit. The G400 is fast enough tho... And it has DualHead if you want it and Environmental Bump Mapping. Real nice, and more companies are using it now. They see how gorgeous it can be when properly executed. Or if you can wait a bit, the next
    Matrox product will be better. But who wants to wait. If you can afford it get a max. They should give you more life as they are. faster. I am happy with my G40032meg Single head. Oh and I never (almost never) disable
    vsynch.

------------------
    AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Diamond MX300, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.5010, 1 grey cat, one black cat and one calico

[This message has been edited by Bohrn (edited 03 March 2000).]
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Try setting higher screen refresh rate. With v-sync enabled, the higher refresh rate is, the more fps you get and without the tearing.
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
      X