So hard to choose!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So hard to choose!!!

I really want to get a matrox Marvel G400, BUT I like games also, and the G400 is only going ot have AGP and no pci. Which means that I have to use that card to also do my 3d Gaming. I know the G400 has greatly improved the 3d gaming over the G200, BUT its still no TNT2 or GeForce 256. The G400 will be coming out I guess around the same time as the GeForce cards, and the 3D just doesn't comare. BUT I really want good capture capability.

Both Elsa and 3dfx tried to combine good 3D gaming with capture, but know one has yet to do it right. Every card that has come out is either good at one or the other, but not both. I think I would be willing to spend the extra money to get both out of it.

Ah well . . .maybe some company will do both right.

Rishard

I'm on the same quest as you. Currently I've got a "matrox mystique/rainbow runner/voodoo 2" three-some.

The G400 Marvel is intreging but its 3D gaming performance (and compatibility) takes a back seat to the others available (in my opinion).

I cringe at the cost involved, but I'm considering going with the Creative Labs GeForce card for gaming ($200) and the DC30 pro stand alone ideo capture ($535).

The DC30 pro gets good reviews but its hard to swallow the $500 price tag.
    Thanks,
    robert@mz3.net

Comment

Unless you have an editing studio already, there's no reason to go with the pro over the plus. The pro gets you a rackmountable patch panel instead of having cables hanging out of the back of your pc/mac. Yeah, the BOB from a Marvel is convenient, but unless you have a 19" rack to stick the box from the pro in, you're wasting the ... !!!

Wait a second, I just checked the website of a place I buy gear from, and the pro is CHEAPER than the plus right now... thank god for rebates. Go. Order one. Now. It comes with Premiere, ACID, and TitleDeko.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
      X