UT, 2048 drivers, nitrous oxide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT, 2048 drivers, nitrous oxide?

Not sure where to post this, but is anyone else having this problem? Ever since installing the UT Bonus pack and the 2048 A3D drivers, I have unbelieveably irritating ambient sound echoes. I'm guessing this has something to do with the A3D 3.0 support for EAX? I'd really like to turn this "feature" off, but I can't find it any of the config. files. The voices, weapons, are OK. I looked around UT boards and didn't find anything.

Thanks,

John

Never mind...found that turning off "geometric reverb" in the A3D set up box solves problem.

Comment

or you can use it but with 3.11 a3d driver update wich you can download it fromhere :http://developer.a3d.com/

well I use it no problemo

------------------
      PIII450@504(fsb@112),P2b,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,Diamond MONSTER Sound II ,IntelliMouse Explorer (yahoooo! no fu..hm hm. ball any more ...)

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Could I just ask (before this thread gets banished to GENERAL HARDWARE):-
        Have you noticed really bad distortion when reverb is applied to low-end frequencies in both UT and Q3A with these new 2048 drivers?

I seems like I have to knock bass frequencies right down in the graphic equalizer, and turn reverb down a couple of notches to get anything near clear sound quality.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Borg. I'm downloading them now.

John

Comment

you dont have to reduce bass frequencies in the graphic equalizer try to reduce LOUDNES in lower position (near to SOFTER) in A3D settings & you can still boost some bass... good luck

A3d 3.11api have some major BUG FIX so UT runs like HELL & no crushing or sampling or other stupid stuff, ofcourse GEOMETRIC REVERB works fine ..
            PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
            X