Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPL works ! whohoooo !!!

Thanks to Matrox now GPL works

A couple of minor artifacts (the skybox polygons are visible in some tracks and the curb colors change depending on distance) but they definitely don't take away from the joy of finally being able to run in accelerated mode.

Everybody please congratulate Matrox !

Matrox: O.K. GP works now concentrate on the more important things!

GP lovers: Well, did Matrox promise to fix this or not? They did a great job with GP... Anyone sending in a free copy so that I can play it too? :P

Comment

As a short term measure . Try editing your core.ini file , changing the mipmapping settings as follows:-

MipFiltering = 2

A bit more grainy , but it clears up the palette problems for me at least .

Comment

Ok so GPL now works, but what powerdesk version are you using.
        I would like to start playing this again, but the last beta i tried would only allow 256 colours, yuch

Comment

PD 5.52.015 which is NOT a beta! =)

Comment

Yep, this is great. I'm quite happy with this patch.

a few other problems to go with the two mentioned so far (visible seams in the sky and the curbs change from black to the correct shade). At Osterreichring, the free add on track, the track is a funny cyan shade when in the distance. At the other add on track, Brands Hatch, the racing line is cyan in the distance. I guess this is related to the palette problems with the curbs, so I'll try the fix posted above and see if that helps.

Actually I just remembered I have quite a few third party textures at some tracks so I'll try a fresh install of GPL and see if it is better.

cheers

Comment

did you all also notice how the framerate is very dependent on the mirror refresh rate ? (just like on an nVidia)

With mirrors every frame the framerate tops at 22, and it's like 22@800 21@1024 21@1280 20@1600 or something like that, meaning that it doesn't change much.

To get the needed 36 fps I have to put the mirror refresh at least down to 4, I'll probably try 6 as well.

The filtering fix above works for me regarding the palette problems (and there is a small 1-2 fps gain as well)

Comment

as well as the above mipp map fix, try turning the horizon off in gpl options - this gets rid of the black gid in sky (although obviously, you lose the horizon effects as well)

Comment

is there any to make this game run on w2k?, i really want to get rid of win 98 and so far this is the only game i've got that won't run.

Comment

got it working on w2k, just found out that matrox has released a new open gl patch for gpl, look on their site.

Comment

The GL patch posted on the matrox site just looks like the old GL beta patch? (its seems they have just added to their site now that the game works)

Comment

Working...
                      X