Q3 problem unnder win2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3 problem unnder win2K

Hi, I have a problem under Windows 2000. When I load up Quake 3, it tries to open up an open gl screen - i.e screen goes grey, but the game then promptly quits. I don't think this is an open gl problemn since Quake 2 runs fine. Anyone any ideas what the problem may be - I've tried all the recent Quake point release updates but to no avail.
    What do you want a signature for?

If you are dual booting to win98, then look in your Q3 directory for opengl32.dll, rename it to opengl32.bak (or whatever), then try it...

Rags

Comment

Same thing happened to me. It required a complete uninstall, plus deleting anything that was left over, then a reinstall to fix. But...that did it.

Comment

Which drivers? We need more info.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Cheers for the info guys, I realised about three minutes later that there was a redundant opengl32.dll file left from a previous installation under win98 - I copied my directory over to 2000 to preserve my saved games.
          What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Working...
          X