Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new Win2k drivers STILL SUCK in Quake 3!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Win2k drivers STILL SUCK in Quake 3!!!

DAMMIT..

These new drivers just the same as previous and I still have small graphics glitches in Quake 3... Especially when using "bilinear" filtering and medium texture quality.

Anyone have/had any graphics flaws in Arena?

MATROX whats the matter???

Umm... works fine for me. Perfectly in fact, better than Win9x at any rate. No visual problems at all.

Perhaps it's something else in your system? Describe the problem in detail and we can help...

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

No, my system is fine: p3-450/128ram/22hdd/SBLive/Win2k Server/Win98 SE

and G400 dh 32 mb.

It seems like those glitches disappearing sometimes.. but anyway they are annoying..

Try to play Q3DM12 quake 3 level with "bilinear" filtering.. The textures with the orange stripes sometimes rendered as white or red color, in the distance.

Comment

I've got glitches in Q3 with the 5.03 drivers too, strange shadows in the first demo, didn't have these glitches in the 5.01 beta, and the 5.03 is 2 fps slower in 1024x768x16 than the last beta, hmmm?

the beta ICD worked very nice, just a few glitches with some lightning, and the release is worse? wtf...

<font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

NEW WIN98 DRIVERS 5.52.015 and Q3A

same problem here!! All settings at max G400 DH 32MB,1024x768x32x32,16z,8bit stencil, full texture slider,bilinear.
          I`m using OPENGL ICD and shadows under players are corrupt, probably z-buffer bug.
          I agree with you quilty, ICD is slower then last 5.50.010.

GURM: sorry, you are blind )

Comment

Yep, new Win2K drivers are a bit iffy. I get these really irritating shadow flickerings, and the main menu is all screwed up (I had this problem previous Win98 drivers too) Oh why, WHY!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X