Media Studio Pro 5.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Studio Pro 5.??

I got myself a copy of Media Studio Pro 5.?? and have been messing around with it for a couple of days.

Question

When I try to preview something it goes of and "builds" some file I assume. All very well if your video doesn't last long. But I could potentally have clips of upto 7Gb. Is this how MS Pro works. Or is there a way of viewing and editing a piece without it going of and building a file.

You can select the preview range by clicking in the preview track (one of the two very small tracks above the Va track. Just click and drag over the time period you want to preview and then do the preview. You can use this to render small parts of your work to final output to check quality. However if you are going to be producing >2Gb files then what are you going to view them with? With WINDOWS you have a 2GB limit (4Gb on NT?)

Phil
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

If Adobe Premiere 5 worked then I can just run the preview along the timeline and onto video tape. It uses the clips already recorded without creating a master build. So the overall lenght of the project can be made up of many clips and be over 2Gb in size. But what your saying is that if I have a final project running say 20 minutes, to preview it or lay it to tape then I have to render the whole project and that can't be larger than 2Gb in win98.

Comment

Nea Nea family way!

MSP will preview out to tape just like Premiere does HOWEVER, having done some larger "builds" I will say it does do that "saving preview file" crap everytime you scrub AND if you want to re-run the preview because you forgot to start the VCR, sometimes you have to close MSP and restart it. On longer timelines (I had a 28GB line last week; took awhile) it will take more time.

You can scrub just the area you want to see.

Richard
        BH6/300a@450/128MB
        Maxtor 17.2GB/
        GXP 10GB/Fireball KA on
        FastTrack66/Marvel G200/
        MX300

Comment

What do you mean scrub. Sounds final. Can I line up my clips and "scrub" as a form of preview before adding effects.

Comment

For simple previews (without the need to output to tape) you can also change the preview options from BEST to Optimum or Instant.
            Each is successively "faster" in terms of producing the preview, but the trade-off is quality. This should not really be an issue as this type 'previewing' is only intended to be a 'quick' ...well... *preview*
            PII350, MarvelG200, MSP5.2, PromiseFT w/2x8.4's, SB-PCI128

Comment

Working...
            X