G400 Max and Aliens vs Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max and Aliens vs Predator

Hi, my G400 Max runs most games brilliantly (except Turbo GL causes confusion when changing from low end Q3A rezzes and colour depths to hi end desk top profiles--Q3A won't boot again unless you paste copies of old CFGs back in the folder) and my favorite, Aliens vs Predator, runs really smoothly in D3D at 1024 and 32 bit colour when playing singleplayer.

Anyway....The trouble arises when I try to play AvsP online, using either Mplayer or Wireplay. Both these clients have to write a separate .exe for AvsP, which you cannot patch like the game's original executable. Rebellion have actually written a patch for AvsP G400 users for use in singleplayer, but I don't seem need it.

When I spawn in a level when playing online, all I can see is a plain black background, with flat white abstract shapes instead of detailed meshes, and all the lettering has been turned into blank rectangles.

Are there issues with the G400 series and Direct X7/ D3D? I thought this card was supposed to be the DX Master? To make up for it's sort of mediocr Open GL :0)

I'm running the 5.41 drivers, as the 5.50 ones completely screwed my AvsP graphics, even in singleplayer!! My specs are in my Sig.

------------------
    P3 450, 128 mb ram, Creative PCI 16, Intel SE440BX2, G400 Max, Viewsonic E771.
    P3 450, 128 mb ram, Creative PCI 16, Intel SE440BX2, G400 Max, Win 98 se, Viewsonic E771.
Working...
X