HL + Open GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL + Open GL

Sorry bout wasting everyones time if they click on this post, but with my system setup i was able to get Half-life/TFC to work on my computer, i didn't even notice the one white dot on the screen except when a new map was loading. I am running version 5.30 of Powerdesk and the TurboGL driver. my sig has further info in case anyone is interested

------------------
    K6-2 450, 128MB SDRAM,Tyan Trinity ATX (S1598 2mb cache on board), G400 Max Card
    Windows 98SE/Mandrake Linux 7.0
    Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
    WinXP Professional SP1
    Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
    3COM 905C

Frankfurt,

You are not clear on what you are saying. Are you upset because you have a white dot on your screen? Is it a big white dot or a small white dot? Does it go away when you are not playing HL/OGL? Do you overclock? More info please.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

first off, nothing in my system is overclocked, because the simple fact of the matter is, when i try to overclock ANYTHING in my system, my system becomes unbootable.
      I could care less about the white dot, because i only see it when there is NO action happening on the screen so it doesnt bother me. I have also never seen the white dot when playing half life in D3D. In case it matters i was running HL in 800x600 and using the default 0GL driver (which i imagine because i installed the TGL driver ahead of time is the TGL driver).

Essentially this was just a post to tell people i was happy OGL is working in H-L (FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I BOUGHT IT) and in case other people had a similar setup, to supply them with my current setup
      sorry for any confusion

Frankfurt
      Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
      WinXP Professional SP1
      3COM 905C

Comment

OpenGL in HL always worked for me, both with the ICD and TurboGL.

I do get garbage white pixels in the font used on the console though. Still legible but isn't perfect.

------------------
        primary sys: ASUS P2B-DS, Dual P3-500, 512 MB RAM, SB Live! Platinum, Pioneer DVD-303, Yamaha 6416S, Cambridge SoundWorks DeskTop Theater 5.1 DTT2500 Digital, and of course a Matrox G400 MAX
        secondary sys: Abit BE6, P3-500, 384 MB, SB Live! Value, Pioneer DVD-303, and of course a Matrox G400 OEM SH 32 MB

Comment

Well congratulations then It's always nice to get something to work after putting in long hours trying to fix it.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

i will rephrase that original statement, it worked fine for the first few days but now, it seems when i try to load certain new maps, the game will crash back to my desktop with no error message displayed.
            I also know that there are people in this forum who have reported a similar error, ill go check them out, if i have a problem that the other posts dont solve, expect me to post here again
            WinXP Professional SP1
            3COM 905C

Comment

Working...
            X