Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you run Grand Prix Legend if...

Re.
    New funny message by me at the bottom. Includes a few links... well... have fun

Hi all

Just trying

to see if I'm alone at this.

I mostly play motor sport sims. GPL was a ball with my old Rendition card.

Now, as we all know, it's a "no go" with our beloved G400.

How many of you would like something to be done about it?

Voice your opinions now so I can go back to them with some power. Matrox head office is 5 min from my place. I intend to visit soon.

Cya all

------------------
    Celery 366 OCed @ 458(83), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live! Value, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

[This message has been edited by MotherDawg (edited 13 January 2000).]
    --
    Gilles Lalonde
    SysAdmin (.RPM)
    Linkedin

I dig that game big time! What will you do Knock on the door ? And say....Hey Man!! Get me a tweak for this GPL game>>>>>> Sir, theres a man in the lobby who wants his GPL racing sim patched! What should I tell him??
    heheh

Hey, tell them That LAMFDTK is Cooler than all of Matrox! and that he Deserves a "developer discount on product!
    Thanks, I can't make it up to Canada anytime soon........

------------------
    PIII-450@504, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!,Brand stinkin' new Sony G400 19", (no Dual head) Nokia 447Xi 17",AOPEN DVD-1040 10x slot, and some fish,

Comment

hey man get me over their they will listen to me or i,ll rip their heads off i used to play that game when i has a voodoo 2 but since the g 400 max its no good i wish i was closer so i could help u out but give them hell ok
      go hard
      cya seven

------------------
      hell yeah i love this g 400 max
      hell yeah i love this g 400 max

Comment

Well... well... well...

In that coarse voice: "What we've got here is ... failure to communicate"
        http://www.destgulch.com/movies/luke/luke18.wav

What I really think is it's a bunch of clowns we have here... ;-)

Pretty funny... keep it up. I really need to know. I'm printing every messages and I'm going to show up there, after calling to get a meeting naturally, with the whole pile. If I have a pile though.

Cya all

[This message has been edited by MotherDawg (edited 22 December 1999).]
        --
        Gilles Lalonde
        SysAdmin (.RPM)
        Linkedin

Comment

count me in, since when I got my g400 I can't play this wonderful sim anymore. I'm sure that lots of people in rec.autos.simulators would be happy as well.

Somebody here said that Matrox was demoing GPL on a G400 at CeBit, so why o why don't they release the driver and/or make their OGL ICD work with the OGL rasterizer released by Papyrus ?

Comment

I would be in too. It seems silly to make proprietary games now. Back when the Voodoo1 and Verite1k were out, Ok. Cause they were way better than the ViRgE and DX1 blew goats. So GLide and SurRender were the way to go. But since dx5, not so. Come on dudes.

------------------
            AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Count me in too, I really miss this game, I keep searching the forums for a fix, went to the GPL.gamestats.com message board and just got abuse for buying the G400

Good luck!

Barry

Comment

Well, if they were running it as a demo of the G400 at CeBit, then a patch or workaround (and a good one, too) must exist already. Count me in, even though I don't have the game right now. I nearly bought it recently, and if I decide to get it anyway soon, I'd just as soon not use the V2 to run it.

------------------
                Ace
                "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                Gainward Ti4600
                AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Count me in. This is the only game that I play and I traded my TNT2 so that I could do some editing. I tried the OpenGL patch and G200 patch and they don't work. I have sent an e-mail to tech support anf their reply was that the testing deprtmaent is looking into it. I also heard that they had it running at CeBit for their display, so I would think that there is a patch. If so, then just post it. I don't want to have to go out and buy a damn Voodoo2 just for one game, or because someone doesn't want to track down a patch that is already written.
                  WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

me too!

I want to get this v2 out of my system, it just causes me problems with everything else!

If I knew it was going to be this much trouble I wouldn't have bought the g400 MAX.

GPL is the best racing sim online (and offline too). Most of the people I drive past have voodoo3's purely becuase everything else is a hassle for GPL. There's a lot of lost sales there.

Brian

ps I still want to know more about the g400 running gpl at CEBITT '99

Comment

Yeah... please get it working...

my old pc was too slow to play it with anycars on the track... i was sooo lookng forward to playing it with the system i have just boaught...

come on MATROX... i chose u over 3dfx.... looks like i might go back to them... want the card to play games.........

Comment

Continue to post guys

Thanks
                        --
                        Gilles Lalonde
                        SysAdmin (.RPM)
                        Linkedin

Comment

Count me in - I sure miss Grand Prix Legends, and I dont wanna put a Voodoo card in my system

Borchers
                          Denmark

Comment

Continue to post guys

Thanks
                            --
                            Gilles Lalonde
                            SysAdmin (.RPM)
                            Linkedin

Comment

Come on, I just threw out my TNT2 and my Vodoo 2 and put in a G400 DH. I dont want to miss one of those Papyrus milestones. (Have been playing the papyrus simulations since Indy500)
                              If you can do it then do it...
                              Home system:
                              Asus K7M,Athlon 500, Terratec XLerate, Toshiba 8x DVD, SONY CRX100E CDR, ZIP 100 ATAPI, Terratec TerraTV+, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, EPSON Stylus Color 740, EPSON Perfection 1200 Photo Scanner, 3Com Fast Etherlink 10/100MBit, Promise Ultra 66, Maxtor 20 GB 5400 RPM, IBM 20 GB DJNA 7200 RPM, Elsa Quickstep 1000 ISDN, 128 MB PC-100 RAM, Logitech WheelMouse, Cherry GDDG81-3000 Keyboard with blue LED´s (looks pretty cool)
                              Windows 98 SE, Caldera Linux 2.3, BeOS 4.5 amdministered by System Commander 4.03

and a SONY F-400 19" FD-Trinitron Monitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X