Clear All

• games

let's have a debate:-
    what is the best game so far?

( i hear that Q3A, UT and is crap )

everyone post your opinions Now!

thief gold and system shock 2!
    guess what?
    the game of the year dosen't work on the video card of the year!

LETS GET THIS FIXED MATROX, or else i will post naked pictures of myself, and believe me, it is not pretty!

hehehehehe, just kidding, keep up the good work MATROX!

keep it fun!

[This message has been edited by nosuchluck (edited 08 February 2000).]

Comment

i think it is kinda funny that everybody is tweaking their drivers to run quake 3 at top speeds!

there is more to life than quake 3!

hurry with the next release matrox, i love the card, but there is major problems with some games. a few are:

system shock 2
      jeff gordons racing
      grand prix legends
      thief gold

this is unacceptable, all of these games are direct 3d, and not glide based!

lets get the bugs fixed and make everything work!

Comment

Both those games are fixed for the next release.
        Don't ask when, I don't know. But they are fixed in the latest in-house beta...

And if I place a vote for favorite game, I go for TFC. No, not the best looking game these days, but still the one that I play more than any other. UT was a waste of 40 bucks. I do play Q3, but TFC is still king of games around here...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

oops
          Dunno about GPL or JG racing...
          (I was mistaken about GPL before this edit...misread my fix list...)

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 08 February 2000).]
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Wooo-hooo, finally someone with some taste! HalfLife and the TFC expansion are still kickass for online play. Q3A is good at what its designed for: solid online DM.

I would play more UT, except the damn game sucks for online play (except on a network with a Voodoo3). Last time I checked, having 6 kinds of gameplay and tons of mutators does you no good is you cant play the damn thing in the first place...but the bots are excellent. Epic needs to seriously tweak their D3D and their internet code before this one becomes a winner.

------------------
            This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Hi nosuchluck,

You say all of those games are direct 3D, that is not true. Grand Prix Legends is a GLide game, with a patch available for OpenGL under nVidia cards, also there is Renditions own proprietary support, and there was a G200 patch at one time, too. BUT there is NO D3D in GPL.

Rags

Comment

Just watch for the [MU].
                Me and Rags play TFC all the time (at least several times a week). Occasionally we get a couple others to join in, but not often enough. But the 2 of us make a pretty mean defense...a pair of Engineers you never want to be up against
                You can usually find us on [DHCP], and always on blue.

Comment

Doesn't anyone play Kingpin multi?I'll admit that the f^&*&%ng swearing is a bit anoying but there are some really good maps and player skins out there.It's one my bud scarcy and I always end up going back to.I love UT too.The assault games are great and the bots are really good.I just finished the half-life expansion 'they hunger' and loved it.Very scary!
                  gobrob

Comment

What does everyone think about HL opposing force?

Comment

opposing force is so damn expensive, i have yet to try it out. 49.99 for an expansion that i have heard takes about 4 hours to finish (for an advanced gamer) seems kinda silly, even with the cool multiplayer.

i recently had to give back my cable modem, back on 56k, so i don't do much online gaming anymore. Lucky for all you...hehehehehehehehe, jus kiddin.

Comment

The new beta drivers fix the Thief, SS, and Thief2 problems! 5.50.10 Beta drivers.

Comment

Nowadays my favorites are --

Q3 for LAN DM and CTF
                          HL TFC when online

I also like Kingpin bagman online and gangbang on the LAN. I don't mind the swearing at all. UT's damned taunts are very annoying though. Don't tell me you can turn them off, it's not me playing UT, my roommate is.

Comment

Asheron's Call is using up all of my gaming time lately. It's an online RPG that cost's 10 bucks a month to play at the MS Gaming Zone. The first month is free however. Extremely addictive. I have never played Everquest, but this game is similar. Interacting with hundreds of real human beings in this game is awesome. Slaying monsters, buying new armor, weapons, increasing your level, going on quests, is so enthralling in this game. Far more enjoyable IMHO, than any single player RPG. There's lots of women who play this game too The many nice people who are in the AC World really help to keep the inevitable lamers in line, and usually make them good citizens as well.

Comment

I agree with nosuchluck.....definitely pass on Opposing Forces. I love HL/TFC, but what a waste of money this was. I didn't even bother to work out my A3D sound problems (usually couldn't here what Barneys were saying), because I just finished the game.

UT is absolutely gorgeous. Great A3D sound. I really want to like it, but I think the actual online gameplay is terrible.....it really seems like weapon damage/armor is random. I do play it though. Assault is a gas. I just wish the damage/armor was more consistent. The World Wrestling Federation announcing gets annoying, but hey.

For me, TFC is STILL the game to beat.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X