Q3A and PD 5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3A and PD 5.5

I’ve recently upgraded to PD 5.50.010 and now Q3A doesn’t work. I just get a system hang after the ID logo disappears.

All worked fine with 5.41, does anyone know a solution to this or should I just go back to 5.41?

Sys spec as “home system” in plus I’m running w98se and DX7a

------------------
    Chris Blake

Home System:
    Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 256Mb RAM, 13.6Gb ATA66 HDD G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff

Work System:
    Dell Precision220 Dual PIII 533, 128Mb RAM, 20Gb ATA66 HDD, G400Max DH, and even more other stuff
    Chris Blake

Unfortunately, the solution is to not use the beta drivers. They don't seem to work well with non-Intel chipsets.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

That is a known problem on the SS7 platform with the new betas and Matrox is working on a fix.

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 16 February 2000).]
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Seems like only those MVP based boards have the probs. My Ali Chipset runs it rather well.. The new ICD shows improvements over the original, but still sticking to TGL as it is the fatest in Q3A.

Heh. Gone were the days of ALi chipsets being known for not working with gfx cards.

Comment

Ah... now there's a thing, I wasn't aware that 5.50 was beta. I just d'load it from the link on matroxusers home page and it doesn't say in the readme file.

It does say it on the Matrox site however. I'll be going back to 5.41 then.

Thanks

------------------
          Chris Blake

Home System:
          Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 256Mb RAM, 13.6Gb ATA66 HDD G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff

Work System:
          Dell Precision220 Dual PIII 533, 128Mb RAM, 20Gb ATA66 HDD, G400Max DH, and even more other stuff
          Chris Blake

Comment

Now THAT is weird! I thought i was just a via issue.

Comment

Just a quick note- not all of us BX / Intel CPU owners are having the most success with the latest betas. With the 5.50.05 (?? last beta), everything worked well with my P3-450 / Abit BE-6, including Q3A. The latest release has speeded things up marginally, but now Q3A tends to hang with a sound loop after playing for 5 minutes or so. I have had this problem before, with one of the released PD versions, although I'm not sure what caused the problem then. Possibly reinstalling the display drivers (after a thorough uninstall) may take care of it.

------------------
              Ace
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

hi,
                i've the same probs with a soyo bx-board. with an agp-size of 256 (for the turbo-gl) q3 won't start. after i set it back to 64 i can see tho q3-logo and a corrupted menu. any ideas?
                bye galac
                ps. yes, i've removed the tgl-dll in the q3-dir :-)

Comment

I have the same problem with my LX mobo - seems that _only BX boards are universally working well. Still, it _is only a beta.

Cheers

Ian
                  Win 95 OSR2.1, DX 7
                  Celeron 500 66 FSB
                  Epox 61LXAM
                  192 MB SDRAM
                  Matrox G400 SH 16 MB OEM
                  SB AWE64
                  Adaptec SCSI

Comment

Working...
                  X