masking top and bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• masking top and bottom

Is it possible to remove or mask the top and bottom of captured video to remove the traking errors from video tape, as i am converting them to video cds, and it would save a bit of bandwidth for the encoding.
    Thanks jim
    i have Mystique 220 and R/R
    MS PRO 5.2

You can do it in mediastudio. Create a black and white bitmap in photoshop or another image editing program that is 704x480. Use black to mask the appropriate section of video. Use white in any other area. Drop the image into mediastudio in an overlay track. Use a color or luma key to key out the white areas. That should do it.

Kris
    Kris Gurrad

Comment

Thanks for the info kris i'll give it a go
      regards jim

Comment

I would try using I believe the barndoor wipe scene transition and move it to the vertical position and keep it the same beginning to end (possibly 70%) with a black image file across on Va. I believe it would render considerably faster than using a bitmap image overlay. Give them both a try and see what happens.

Comment

In Premiere, you can use CLIP filter. It replaces specified part on the borders by any color.

Grigory

Comment

When you go to "Create" your video, why not just go to the "Video Save Options" and crop the top and bottom lines? Seems to be the simplest approach to me. I do this all the time to remove overscan lines at the bottom of my videos.

- Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X