New Beta Drivers For Win98?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beta Drivers For Win98?

Has anyone had any problems with them, like lockup's/game crashes/Win Problems any stuff like that

I just want to check before i download

Thanks
    VoodooK

I've had very good luck with them on a severely overclocked system. I'm using a BX motherboard and Intel CPU, by the way.

If you have the same specs, they should work well.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Do OGL games still hang on exit with this newest version? Is it still necessary to reboot between running games in OGL and D3D?

------------------
      ASUS P3BF 440BX MB,Intel PIII 500 Mhz, 128MB RAM,Fujitsu 13 GB HD, Creative 48X CDROM, Matrox G400 Max Bios 1.5.22, IRQ10, (ver 5.41), SB Live MP3+, IRQ5(ver 4.06.711) sound card with Liveware3.0, DX7.0, Linksys 16bit ethernet card for T1

Win98se ,ASUS P3BF ACPI 1006,Intel PIII 500 i440BX, 128MB RAM,Quantum Fireball 20.5GB and Fujitsu 13GB HDs, LG Electronics 52X CDROM, Matrox G400Max 6.04 BIOS 1.6.25,SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711),Liveware3.0,DX7.0, SMC 10/100 PCI NIC/cable internet, Viewsonic E790 19" monitor

Comment

I have a AMD K6-3/450 on a ALI chipset, and i've got no Windows probs with my Drivers 5.41

Comment

Usually it's fine, but Half-Life has crashed once when I typed quit. Some Illegal operation blah.

Win98SE kept running, so later on I played some Q3A without any problems. Then when I wanted to play HL again, the whole system just rebooted immediately.

But this has only happened once so far (in two days..). Usually HL exits and runs again without any problems.

------------------
          primary sys: ASUS P2B-DS, Dual P3-500, 512 MB RAM, SB Live! Platinum, Pioneer DVD-303, Yamaha 6416S, Cambridge SoundWorks DeskTop Theater 5.1 DTT2500 Digital, and of course a Matrox G400 MAX
          secondary sys: Abit BE6, P3-500, 384 MB, SB Live! Value, Pioneer DVD-303, and of course a Matrox G400 OEM SH 32 MB

Comment

DukeP, yes, exactly. But only did it once, when I tried to start HL again after it has crashed with an Illegal operation error on exit before.

My dad's machine once had a random rebooting problem for a long while, turned out to be a faulty CPU. When we upgraded the P2-400's to P3, the problem went away. (Previously his computer would just reboot without any reason, no matter what he was doing or which OS.)

Comment

Dear FDS!

U say Ur machine rebooted. Did it just blink and start on POST?

I have this problem with my machine, that at some unspecified time, it will do exactely that - make a hard reboot. So far I've thought It had something to do with my hardware, but if others are experiencing this, it could be a software conflict.

Comment

Working...
              X