Quake3 hangs in 30 secs [new drivers-Win2K]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake3 hangs in 30 secs [new drivers-Win2K]

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I read through the forums and thought I was fairly safe taking the plunge to Win2K. However I always crash with the looping lalst sound.
    Sound card maybe? I have a LIVE and from what I have read there is native support for it although not for EAX. setup....

G400DH
    PIII 450
    128mb PC133
    Abit BX6-2
    SBLIVE
    Win2K final
    Latest, greatest Win2K drivers.(g400)

I thought I saw mention of this in earlier threads but I can't find them now.

Yeah, there still seems to be a lot of issues. Most of them were reported months ago with the first beta.

Try disabling sound, at least that will tell you whether the problem involves sound or not.

4 days to go Matrox, I wish that you had publically released some of these drivers weeks ago, you may have gotten the feedback needed to fix them.

Paul

[This message has been edited by PaulS (edited 13 February 2000).]

Comment

Heh I knew I took the ol' Win2K leap too soon , I wonder if maybe I try the older drivers, people have much success with them ?

Comment

It is unlikely that you will even Quake to start with the old drivers.

You didn't jump into Windows 2000 too soon, it is the video card vendors that stuffed around for too long.

Paul

Comment

Well I'm reformatting , installing win98, then reinstalling Win2K on a Dual boot.
          FSB (o/c util) works in Win2K but I get lock ups after a short while. The MGA card util won't even run in Win2K so at this point even if I got Quake running it wouldn't be at the speed I'm accustomed to.
          Hmm actually I may not even bother with Win2K now....I know ! Let the dice decide.

Comment

Working...
          X