Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HL (TFC) giving corrupted decals with new drivers.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL (TFC) giving corrupted decals with new drivers.......

Has anyone else seen Half-Life decals flickering in and out of walls with the new drivers?

With the old drivers (and TurboGL) I had suddenly stopped seeing decals (checked all my console variables for decals and they were correct), now with the new drivers and no TurboGL I see the decals but they flicker in and out of walls (sorting problem?) as I move around.

Any console variables (ala D3D mode decals) that can help this?

TIA,

Veregon

P3-600/100 256MB PC-100 RAM
    G400 MAX
    SoundBlaster Live! Value
    Veregon
    Calm like a bomb.

gl_polyoffset
    try setting it around 2, and adjust as needed (you can use decimal values as well)
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks, that worked perfectly, now as far as tweaking it, should I set it as low as i can while still not seeing the flickering? If I set it to .1 or anything above it stops the flickering. (It was at -1).

Thanks again,

Veregon

------------------
      Veregon
      Calm like a bomb.
      Veregon
      Calm like a bomb.

Comment

I did notice some bugs in HL with these latest drivers. The infamous corrupted textures/ rainbowing. I have some pictures.

I took the picture b/c of something that was very interesting to me: The texture itself doesn't seem to be corrupt, but the lighting is what does it. I tried to get some screen shots, and will post them later on.

The corruption comes in over some surfaces like a tide, as the angle of the lighting on it changes. Hard to describe but like I said, pictures soon.

-Wombat
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Veregon - set it to what looks best. It does not affect performance. Look at decals from all angles and distances, and adjust it till it looks right from all views. If set too high, you will see decals from walls beyond showing through where they shouldn't.

Wombat - I've seen a couple bad textures pop up, and have reported them (along with screenshots). It seems to only happen to me after I've played 6 or 7 different maps, though. And it always seems to happen on the same map (rock2).
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It happens to me in the single-player game. There's even one place where I can see the room just fine, and walking forward triggers one of those on-the-fly loads, and the picture instantly goes rainbow. If I step back, and load the previous segment again, the rainbowing goes away.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X