Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT 3

Hi guys,
    I have SWAT 3, but for some reason that I don't know yet, it runs very slowly on my Celeron 433@480MHz/75MHz bus speed.
    My guess is that maybe I have to upgrade RAM to 128MB(now is 64MB) or try to overclock my CPU to 500MHz/100MHz bus speed, or buy a new G400 MAX.
    But that means I have to deal with my wallet. ;-(
    So, does anyone has any suggestions except those things? ;-)
    My box is: Celeron 433 @500, 75 bus speed, 64MB ram, g200 8MB PCI, I run SWAT @ 800x600,
    16Bit color.

Thanks a lot!

Your ram suxs, your video suxs. If your really want a good Swat 3 experience get a G400. I would also stop eating for a while and do not buy anything else until you can scrap up enough money for another 64mb of ram.

------------------
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I hate to do this being a Murcer and all but if your worried about money get a TNT2 Ultra. They have really gone down in price since the Geforce came out and is significantly faster than your old G200.
      Now watch someone in the next post is probly gonna say "but the G200 has better image quality". hehehhe.
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Really helpful there Dosfreak

I run SWAT3 on a sucky G200 at 800x600 without any probs. Granted it is with a PII-400 and 128Megs.

The performance hit with S3 is due to the AI and there is a tweak you can do to speed things up a bit. A new patch is due out soon that will incorporate this. Bumping up your mem to 128 will result in an overall performance boost to your system and this has always been regarded as the most cost effective upgrade.

Check out S3's offical forum for tweaks and tips. There are other's there that play the game with lesser systems than yourself. You can find that here http://forums.sierrastudios.com/cgi-...r=4&start=here

Cheers

Comment

And... if you are considering a new graphics card then how about a G400 (non-MAX) and overclock it?

Check out this thread (one of many) which compares the G400/Max with the TNT2 Ultra... http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002838.html

Cheers

Comment

IMHO, a G400 is better than a TNT2 while a G400 Max is better thant the TNT2 Ultra, but prices here in Toronro a G400max is about 45% more expensive than a Viper TNT2 Ultra.

no comment here, you go figure.

Comment

Working...
            X