Scrubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrubbing

I see references to something called scrubbing. Can someone enlighten me as to what this term means?

Thanks

------------------
    Abit BH6; 300A@450; 128MB
    FastTrack66 dual KA 18GB; Marvel 200; MX300
    FastTrack66 dual KA 18GB & dual Maxtor 27G 6800; Marvel 200; MX300

Sure,

Using Ulead Mediastudio as an example (cos I don't know Premiere).

If you point your mouse just above the time line, left click and drag to the right, you will find that a preview window pops up (you have control over the window size under file/preferences) and that the video under the mouse on the timeline shows in the preview window. Note that there is often a delay of up to 5 seconds (depending on lots of factors) before the AVI will appear in the preview window.

That, very simply, is scrubbing.

Comment

Ahhhhh sooooo,

And all this time I thought it had something to do with image processing! (scrubbing=cleaning, etc.)

Well thanks!

Have there been any posts on methods (in MSP) to produce the little watermark logos like you see on American television in the lower corner of the image?

Comment

Create a solid colored bitmap the same size as the video you're creating. Now draw your logo where you want it. Save it out.

Now import it as a bitmap to V1. Stretch it out to the length you want, position it so it's in the proper time frame. Now use the context menu to bring up the Overlay Options.

In the Overlay Options select "color key" and click on the background color in the left window. Now set the "transparency" to 30-50%. Exit the Overlay Options and render your clip.

The background color will now be keyed out and all that'll show of the overlay is your now semi-transparent logo. You can also use the CrossFade transition to fade it in and out.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well I haven't seen any posts on this, but it's pretty simple.

Make up your logo in your favourite art package (PSP, photoshop, whatever) and then create a blank white piccie with the same size as the frame size of your proposed project. Import the logo and position it in the desired location, then save the whole lot (I think a BMP would be the best format but play around with BMP, JPG and GIF to see which gives you best results).

Now after creating your movie in MS, insert your picture onto a spare overlay-enabled track with a duration the same as your project. Now right click on the overlay track and select overlay options. Again, depending on your main AVI you will have to play around with the overlay options to find the best combination of settings for you, but eventually you will get there.

That's the basic method, but as always the best way of learning is to play around with the settings and learn what they do.

Comment

Doc, looks like we're overlaying on the same timeline here.

What the hell is up with your ICQ ?

Comment

I don't always run it. Sometimes "I vahnt to be alone....." ;-)

Comment

One other point on fading the logo in and out: you can also use keyframes in the Overlay Options and vary the transparancy over time to fade it.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 10-10-1999).]

Comment

As usual the Doc Rocs! (Sorry, couldn't help it) Thanks guys!

I've just been asked to do some video work at work and now I find I must get serious with MSP. Know any good books on it?

R

Comment

Charlie Hills, the administrator of MUG (Media Studio Users Group) just wrote one. You can get in touch with Charlie by going to the MUG site and clicking the Admin link:

http://www.mugcentral.com/

Also there is a MUG listserver with software, hardware and offtopic email lists.

Fair warning: these generate about 50+ mails a day but there are TONS of video editing tips & tricks in there.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Richard Jones also wrote an excellent series of "how to" articles for Computer Video magazine. He has put these together (along with some extra articles) into an electronic online book which you can buy from http://members.bigfoot.com/~activeservice

Comment

Working...
                      X