Thief Gold: software mode only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief Gold: software mode only?

Thief Gold will only run in software mode? What's the deal? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

-T

Which PD do you use ?

I´m not sure, but I think that games based on the tief engine work properly with the 5.30 matrox drivers.

5.41 and the 5.50 beta drivers cause several problems with these games.

For details, just use the "Search"-option to find topics in which this problem has been discussed, I think there are a few posts around...

Wannabe

Comment

I ran into the same exact problem. I've been told(and this has been backed up by others), that the 5.30.007 was the last set of drivers that will work properly on the game engine used by Thief. From what I've been told, Matrox is aware of the problem, and it's "supposed to be fixed in the next driver release"....5.30 works fine, but I'd rather go with the 5.5 drivers.

Comment

The problem has been fixed in the latest version of the in-house betas (along with the same System Shock 2 problem).

Don't even think of asking when, cause I din't know...but when 5.50final are released, you will be able to play the game on current drivers...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!

hurry with the drivers matrox, my next video card will be a g800!

YES, YES, YES, i am so happy now!!!!!

Comment

I'm not going to ask about when the final 5.5 will be released, but how about another beta driver?

Comment

Anyone know if the newest (2/10/00) 5.50 beta drivers work with Thief?

-T

Comment

That is one game that M says it fixes, so yes, they are supposed to work.

Rags

Comment

I've just verified that 5.50.010 works with Thief, Thief Gold, and the Thief 2 demo. Woohoo! (And about freakin' time, I might add.)

Comment

Working...
                  X