MX 300 Sound Card
    Netgear 10/100 card
    Memorex CDRW
    Acer 40x CD
    NEC Zip 100
    M$ ps/2 Intellimouse
    IBM ATA66 15.3 GB HD

Here's my problem:

When I play Unreal Tournament everything works fine for a while and then suddenly it will have a General Protection Fault or the system freezes and I have to hit the restart button.

In Unreal, I'll play for a while and the same thing happens, but usually this happens more often than in Unreal Tournament.

I thought for a while that it was because 3D Sound was enabled, but that didn't solve the problem. I also tried clocking the processors back to 366, thinking that overclocking was doing the strange crash to it (no luck!). I've taken out the second processor and the same thing happens. I'm using the newest drivers in both games, also trying the beta D3D that is posted on the Unreal Technology page. This fixes some of the nasty blocks that show up when I use the biorifle, but still the system will crash after 15-90 minutes of playing either one of the games. I've also tried enabling/disabling 32 bit z-buffering and still have the same problem. It's really strange, because the game will be going along fine for quite a while and then all of a sudden, it decides to quit.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Also, I've seen that Matrox has proto drivers for the win 2000 release, but I don't have the necessary password to get to those drivers (does someone have them that they can email them to me?). Also, I've heard that Aureal isn't going to be releasing their Windows 2000 drivers until the 17th too. Does anyone have those drivers? The driver nazis make me mad

Anyway, the most important thing I worry about is the Unreal and UT problem, does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

Travis L. Knodel
    tknodel@swt.edu
    ICQ 5570732

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Travis L. Knodel
    ICQ 5570732

Abit BP6
    Dual Celeron 366@523 Mhz
    Matrox G400 16MB SH
    IBM ATA66 15.2 GB HD w/ 2MB cache
    WD UDMA33 4.3 GB POS HD
    Acer 40X CD Rom