Two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions

Hopefully that post about Quake 3 + turbogl helped you guys out some.
    I'm using Powerdesk 5.41 and Directx 7 on a Pentium III Be6II G400-Max DH system, before I forget.
    I'm here to ask about to things: Turbogl in Halflife and Quake 3 Radiant (level editor).
    Halflife runs beautifully in turbogl, but the problem is that the decals flicker in and out like crazy.
    Quake 3 Radiant gives me an error messege when I load up textures and quits out.
    Can somebody help me?

The level editor for Quake 3 does not work with the OpenGL ICD. It's a known bug with the Matrox Drivers. I think they're working on in (please please please) I haven't played Half-Life lately, so I cannot comment on that though.

If you need to make levels, you could rename your ICD, this will force the editor to use the Microsoft software OpenGL thingy (which is very slow, but at least is works.)

Comment

For Halflife, adjust your gl_polyoffset value. Just go to your console, and type gl_polyoffset to see what it is, and bump it up by .5. Then just tweak it around till they look right....
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X