How about a UT game tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a UT game tonight?

Can we make it for people who really SUCK please?!? No offence anyone, but that damn flak cannon is really annoying with a G100. Everything just sort of stops running and the next time you can figure out what has happened, you are dead and the "Evil - Man - In - Blue" is there.... Anyone want to "brawl" tonight?

Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

I was going to join, but I don't think I suck, and besides, I'm never above using whatever weapon I have at hand, so you'd likely catch some flak sooner or later. Hopefully someone shows to challenge you though.

I do have a request though- try to capture a screenshot of what the game looks like on your G100. All these people (all right, maybe 2 of you) talking about them has whetted my appetite. You don't need to post them here, you can just e-mail them to me at

mailto://wimerj@home.com

Thanks.

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Don't worry about wether or not you suck, I was just kidding. How do you take a screen shot? And yes, for all the curious people, I'll post them up here if I can (how?)....
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Ok, somehow in still pictures, they don't look all that bad. Damn, I think maybe if you disale hardware acceleration and run it at 510 resolution (or what ever it is) in software mode you may see something kind of similar. Possibly.

Here goes. Let's hope they works.
        Damn, I need a webpage to get this to work? Anyone have a page they wanna post G100 screenshots? Oh well.

Oh, figured it out. You have to enlarge the pictures to get the superb g100 quality....

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 08 February 2000).]
        --- Albert Einstein

Comment

if you mail them to me, I can post them (for a week or so)
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

ok Kruzin, you should have them assuming it works.
            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

I have not gotten them as of this posting....
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Stupit UCLA network!!! I feel like one of those little kids who keep asking "daddy if we're there yet." You know what I mean parents.... Only in this case, it's "did Kruzin get the pics yet?... did Kruzin get the pics yet?" and then my mind tells me, "Dimitri, SHUT UP!!! You just checked 2 min. ago... Sheeesh"

And the other thing I have yet to realize is that this is nothing special that I am waiting for either, just a couple pictures which I hace seen in reality.... Boo hoo....

Thanks for your help Kruzin.
                --- Albert Einstein

Comment

There seems to be a problem with my email server (gee, how surprising). Kruzin, do you have ICQ so we can send through that?
                  If you do, just add me, my number is: 20443829.

[This message has been edited by Muad'Dib (edited 08 February 2000).]
                  --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Well? When is the game and where?

Reg

Kristian

------------------
                    - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    Striving for perfection
                    - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    Striving for perfection

Comment

Thanks for all the effort just so I can see what you see guys. I would've made it last evening (around 8PM US EST), but my mother-in-law is visiting, so I got a little preoccupied.

Anyway, if you want me to post the shots for a bit, I can. Send them to my e-mail address, and I'll stick them on my webspace at my ISP for a bit, then look around here to see how to link 'em into a message.

If they're more than 4.5 MB or so in total size, I may have to use some JPG compression to shrink it a bit (space limitation by the ISP).

Here's my e-mail address again:

wimerj@home.com

Send me a message, and I'll reply to it with my ICQ number (from home- at work now).

------------------
                      Ace

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600

Comment

WHEN IS THE GAME???

Comment

Pick a time. I'll play for a little bit, but I just found out about a program that I have to write for tomorrow. Damn life sucks when you're in school.... And tell me in Los Angeles time, otherwise I get confused....
                          --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's the shots Muad'Dib took with the G100:

Like he said, they don't look too bad in screenshots,
                            The framerate looks aweful though. I'd be dying all over myself.

------------------
                            Ace

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited 09 February 2000).]

System specs:
                            Gainward Ti4600

Comment

I feel your pain, my Banshee had about the same fps.... Till i got my G400 MAX..

Talk about a step up!

------------------
                              PIII 450 @ 504
                              generic BX motherboard
                              G400 MAX : )
                              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
                              Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
                              Creative 36x CD-ROM
                              HP 2x2x6x CD-RW
                              64 megs PC100 RAM
                              128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
                              NetGear 10/100
                              Soundblaster 32 AWE
                              Diamond SupraExpress 56k
                              Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
                              1 92mm Sunon Fan
                              4 80mm Sunon Fan's

Comment

Working...
                              X