Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q3A Mirrored Surfaces (Portals) are white textures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3A Mirrored Surfaces (Portals) are white textures.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Whether its with the TurboGL or the ICD, my 16mb G400 w/5.41 drivers renders any "mirror" surface as a bright white texture. You can find mirrored surfaces on Q3TOURNEY6 (just jump on the catapult and ride it out). This would be less of a concern to me, except a friend is testing out his new mod that includes mirrored surfaces. His TNT renders this effect beautifully. Anyone else having this kind of problem?

------------------
    This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Nobody has ever had this problem? Can someone out there can take the time to see if mirrored surfaces work for them? I really need to know if my setup is just messed up or if this is a problem with the G400 driverset.

------------------

Comment

Yes, I get a similar problem, although it doesn't really bother me. The only place where I consciously think about it is on the last level (Xaero's) on the floating platform where the railgun is...

I just figured I had some texture setting turned off by accident, but maybe it really is a turboGL issue.

Erebus.

Comment

Works ok for me.
        If it is an issue with the current public TGL, it has been fixed in the latest in-house beta (I did not have the game when I was using the same TGL most people do....)

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 06 February 2000).]
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

This is what the mirrored platform on Tourney6 looks like:

This is how it looks with either the ICD or the TurboGL. I was wondering if someone with the 5.50 drivers could test out the ICD and see if this problem persists. After all, though the 5.5 drivers have problems, the ICD is newer and faster, and since I need this feature I would be willing to deal with the problems involved in upgrading.

Hey Kruzin, how long till the new TurboGL goes public release?

------------------

Comment

That pic I posted is that same platform as in your pic (q3tourney6).
            That was with TGL.

This one is with the full ICD (again, a later internal beta than the public 5.50)

And sorry...I can report bug fixes like this, but I have no idea as to when the next public release will be...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin, I understand about the release info. Atleast I know its a driver problem, and that its going to be fixed. So much better than my experience with Rendition, whose idea of providing feedback was a feedback post maybe every 3 months to THEIR forums

------------------

Comment

Hey MadCat,

Try enabling High Quality Sky, then try again, it seems to be what turns that on and off, and it appears to be working on the latest public TGL.

Rags

Comment

Just heard from Rags....

Make sure you have high detailed sky turned on. He tried this with an older TGL, and it worked...

Comment

DOH!

Comment

I can confirm that. Mirrored surfaces have always worked for me (since 5.2x), but I also leave the sky turned up, so...

- Gurm

------------------
                      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Thx for the suggestion, it werks now!

------------------

Comment

I'm glad that feature is so well documented in Quake 3...

Jon
                          My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
                          2 Pentium III 500 MHz
                          256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
                          Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
                          2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
                          Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
                          Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
                          Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
                          Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
                          Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

Comment

Working...
                          X