New G200 BIOS is slower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G200 BIOS is slower?

I just updated the BIOS of my Mystique G200 AGP (from 1.3 to 2.6), and Quake 3 Arena now appears to run slower (ie. brief periodic pauses). Does anyone know if this is true? Should I just revert to the old BIOS? (I'm running PDesk 5.41, P2B 350MHz).

I have the millenium g200 and i also noticed slow down, but i just assumed it was my system being difficult, i went back to 2.3 but there doesnt seem to be much difference.
    WindowsME, AMD K6-2/450, GA-5aa (bios 1.3), 64Mb PC-100, Millenium G200 16Mb (bios 2.7) - (pd5.41), Quantum Fireball EL 10.2Gb, Pioneer 10x DVD, Realtek 8029AS, Vibra16, Mitsubishi Diamond View 17"

Comment

One G200 user did reported that slower performance with latest G200 BIOS. But he could regain the performance loss with MGATweak SGRAM optimization.

You can try it if you wish. The MGATweak user guide has some examples on SGRAM optimization.

Hope this help.
      KJ Liew

Comment

Well, it appears that I was mistaken somehow, I rebooted a second time and the slowdown is gone. I'm back to 25.5 fps on Q3A timedemo1...

I'll take a look at that MGATweak tool to see what it can do.

Comment

Working...
        X