OpenGL and EMBM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL and EMBM question

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to post this but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum and the topic has at least been brought up here.

I am wanting to do some OpenGL development and would like to know if anyone knows of any documentation on the hooks for EMBM. I read here that someone has made a wrapper for QuakeII to use the bump mapping so I'm assuming is possible for me to do this.

------------------

M@
    M@

EMBM is a function of D3D, not OGL.
    You would need to re-write Matrox's ICD or TurboGL to add extensions for EMBM, and modify the game engine to support EMBM (good luck ).

As far as an OGL-D3D wrapper to be able to use EMBM in something like Q2...The only thing I am aware of is Egerter's work on some Q2 BSP files which he bumpmapped, but that was not playable in the game...he just used the .BSP map file, not the game engine itself.

If you look on www.egerter.com , in the "products" section, under "Power Render"/screenshots, you can see some pics of his bumpmapped BSP and other cool snapshots...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hello

here is a nice little article on bump mapping http://www.flipcode.com/tutorials/tut_bumpmap.shtml
      hope it helps a little bit

Top Cat

Comment

Working...
      X