UT server where??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT server where??

I just bought the game yesterday and i never played 1st person shooters..you frag me i frag you:-) well if i can..

explain anything if i do need to know anything

PW murc
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I'd practice a bit with the bots if I were you. "Baptism by fire" is never pretty.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

It is a pretty brutal place in there. Lots of fun if you get a decent connection. It is no fun when the internet is too slow to be playable.

Watch out, though. Some of these guys are really good. If you've never played a 1st person shooter, prepare for a LOT of deaths.

It helps to play with the bots and become very familiar with the levels.

Use the mouse to aim/point yourself. Use the keyboard to move around and jump. If you have a scroll wheel mouse, use the scroll wheel to change weapons.

Also, download and install the 4.05 (?) patch upgrade. It fixes some really annoying bugs.

Comment

One thing you need to know is that Haig is a Spam...errr...Flak Cannon addict, watch out for him.

Rags

Comment

i hate gettin my ass kicked..i guess ill have to practice 1st

I took this kickin baby from someone ..so if this is yours please dont be angry..just tell me your nick and ill give you the credits for it

[This message has been edited by blades (edited 29 January 2000).]

Comment

Thunderchez wrote: "Watch out, though. Some of these guys are really good." Ha ha. I wonder if he was talking about himself. Damn he is hard to kill.

xippo

Comment

Also, don't be afraid to just jump in a game. Most people don't mind if you're a newbie. If you have a question about something during an online game, just press the "T" key and type away -- you'll probably get an answer (between frags).
                My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Even with a bad connection Thunderchez was whip'n my butt last night...
                  My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Bragging is not quite my style, but I'm not too shabby of a player. It took me a while to get to where I am. However, I know that I am nowhere near the best. There are some times when I'm getting my butt brutally kicked. I don't remember their names off the top of my head to give credit where credit is due.

Another semi useful thing to do is to use the "f" key to fake a death when you are about to say something. It makes you lie down on the ground as if you are dead, and you have to stand back up before you get your weapon back in your hand. People can still kill you if they know you are faking though. Friday night I had the brilliant idea of faking death (so I could talk) while I had on a shield belt. That was about as stupid of an idea as you could get, and I was laughing myself silly for 10 minutes after (who was it???) killed me and pointed out my mistake. If they are not wearing a shield belt, you can glance your crosshairs over them and if their name shows up, they are faking death.

Personally, I try not to get in cheap shots, though. Sometimes the temptation is too overwhelming, but I generally try not to kill somebody if it is obvious that they are typing.

Comment

always an entertaining time
                      jim
                      System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

my ping for the server is on the 300s ..is that bad? what are your guy's ping for the server.

Comment

The sad thing is, the last few nights I've got on, I was either the only one there, or maybe there would be one other, just leaving.

I also tried the Q3A server that Matrox has set up. I hate to say it, but UT deals with packet loss and high pings better (for me, anyway). I couldn't even play Q3, due to the fact that I kept popping back to places I just passed, or seeming to be "teleported" over a ledge I just passed. I haven't had the same problem with UT (although weapons seem to fire late sometimes).

------------------
                          Ace
                          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                          Gainward Ti4600
                          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Hey dont worry about Suckin' I don't

The Q3 server seems to be fussed up. I had a ping of 167 and it was real messed. I run @800x600 and I have a rough time there. I guess UT is really that much better! Im waiting for a patch for Q3.

Comment

Hi guys! Where the heck do you enter the password for the matrox Q3 server? The mutliplayer interface in Q3 is realy bugging me (I keep entering servers with nothing but bots).

Have to agree with Ace about the connection issues. UT can bog down, but Q3 skips around which is much worse (atleast for me).

Haig isn't the only one with a mean flak cannon. Xippo was using it to soundly kick my ass last time I was on the UT server! Thundrchez is very good (you use that robot skin don't you?), and Zwisch (did I get that right?) is damn tough. There are of course many other good players. I was hoping to see what Kruzin could do, but I only saw him on the sever a couple of times, and he was getting a pretty bad connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X