Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turboGL + W95, is it possible ?

Hello.

Someone from another forum asked me a question about the turboGL driver and Quake3. Maybe some murcer can help him.

Some time ago someone posted a message on this board in which he/she stated that it is possible to get the turboGL drivers to work on a Win95 system by a manual installation of the drivers. Now I wonder how to do it exactly. My first idea was to extract the drivers, rename the file mgatglp3.dl_ to opengl32.dll and copy it to the Q3 directory. The person who asked me has a P3 CPU so I guess it was the appropriate file. However this did not work. Is there anything else that must be done ?

Thanks alot for your time.

------------------
    The shortest distance between two points is under construction.

I really doubt that it's possible, but it's certainly undesirable.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The person who asked you the question really needs to get off of 95, and onto 98.

95 does not support the new 3d instruction set of the P3s. The TurboGL specifically calls those 3D instructions. It's not gonna happen with a P3+95. It would work with a P2 or K6....but not a P3 or K7....
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the info Kruzin.

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X