Read this if your using 5.30!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this if your using 5.30!!!

Install the 5.41 drivers and then take the g400dd32.dll out of the 5.30 drivers. Put the g400dd32.dll from the 5.30 drivers into your system directory. This will enable you to use the TurboGL drivers with the 5.41's. The only side effect I have noticed with this is that since you are now using the older Direct3D driver....the 3Dmark 2000 helicopter seen is still psychedelic. But you can write yourself a batch file in which you can easily switch between the old and the new dlls with one click of a batch file.

If you want to use the 5.50 beta drivers....1. Install them. 2. copy the 5.41 G400ICD.DLL or the 5.30 G400ICD.DLL into your system directory. (THE 5.30 ICD IS FASTER). But you will not be able to use the TurboGL with the 5.5's. I have been using these little tweaks for weeks now....and they work perfectly. If you want specific benchmarks...email me and I will send them, but right now I am too tired to rewrite all of my benchmarks into this tiny window.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Ooopps...Also another problem with the 5.5's is that if you use either the 5.3 or the 5.4 G400ICD....they both give a GPF when you exit Quake3.
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I may have missed something here, but... WHY would you want to use the 5.30 or 5.41 ICD instead of the 5.50 ICD? The 5.50 is faster and better, and is even faster than the TurboGL... so why replace it with an older slower version?

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Hmm....I'm using the Via Mpv3 chipset and I can't use the 5.50 ICD. I think I've heard a couple of other users complaining too because they could not use the 5.50 ICD. Just thought I'd help out!
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Out of all of my benchmarks: The 5.41 drivers with the 5.30 g400dd32.dll and the TurboGL appears to be the fastest driver. The fastest driverset WITHOUT the TurboGL would be the 5.50 drivers with the 5.30 G400ICD.DLL. (of course the 5.5 with the 5.3 ICD crashes on exit of an OPENGL application)
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Hmm I have an Athlon 500, MS6167 (1.5 bios), G400 Dual Head (not overclocked). Running the 5.4 Powerdesk. Turbo GL has never worked for me (AGP Arp 256 meg, only 0000 in the display class registry, etc.) I just get the white flickering screen. Last night I upgraded to the beta 5.5 drivers and right after the ID Logo Quake 3 immediately exists to the desktop and it looks like the gamma is cranked way up. Trying TurboGL with it I just get the flickering white screen again. So I want back to 5.4 Quake 3 is smooth enough for me at 1024x768x32 anyways.

Comment

Dosfreak,

All my benchmarks (and those of a number of other people) show that the ICD built into the 5.5 drivers is FASTER clear across the board than the TurboGL under ANY drivers. So I repeat, why would you want to put the 5.3 ICD into 5.5?

- Gurm

------------------
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

ALOT of VIA K6 users for some reason can not get the 5.5 OPENGL to work. Althought the 5.3 and the 5.4 ICD hack to the 5.5 drivers work, I have found that using the 5.41 drivers with the 5.30 G400DD32.dll to work the fastest and the best for those people who can not get the ordinary OPENGL or the TURBOGL to work in the latest release. (5.5)
                \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

AHHHH. You did not specify that this was a SuperSuckySeven fix. Nevermind!

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X