Hands up - Matrox - All is Forgiven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands up - Matrox - All is Forgiven

I have been extolling the virtues of my Miro DC30+ and Rage Fury Pro setup of late.

I have just got my little grubbies on a G400 32mb DH and after plumbing it into my system I have to eat humble pie and say F**K ME SIDEWAYS. Jesus what a difference in terms of 2D & 3D performance.

I knew the g400 was better than the ATi Rage Pro but there's better and there's stuffing it out of the park.

The G400 gives me overlay support at 1280*1024*32bpp, lovely chubley.

I reinstalled a copy of GPolice that I had to hand and at 1280*1024*32 I am getting getting between 40 and 75 FPS, good god what a difference. I might even start playing the odd game again.

As I type this post I am downloading a 75Mb benchamrk utility at 128K via BT Home Highway, watching a Bee Gees DVD and have a copy of MS Word 2000 running in the background. The output from the DVD player is superb ( would be even better if I could figure out how to get round the Macrovision crap or the the 5 region changes ).

Don't get me wrong, I still think my DC30+ stuffs the pants of all the Marvel products ( RT200 well that's a diff story ) but as far as main vid card goes the G400 is a serious bit of shit.

Pooh

ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Wait till you see the Marvel G400

Elie

Comment

hello Elie

The Marvel g400 is still capped at approx 3Mb/sec and I belive is still crippled with the Macrovision protection.

Pooh

Comment

sorry..but what exactly is the Macrovision protection?

Comment

A form of copy protection forced on products that have both DVD playback and recording capabilty by the DVD consortium. No choice if you want a license to play DVD on your design.

Dr. Mordrid

PS: The G400 Marvel is better than the previous one. The TV-Out is improved and many of the annoying problems of the Marvel G200 are GONE. IMHO it looks better at 3 mB/s than many cards do at 6.

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 10-07-1999).]

Comment

I agree with DrMordrid.

If I can only show you the quality output of the Marvel G400 especially after capturing from my XL1 you'd freak out

But sorry no can do, not yet anyway

Regards,
            Elie

Comment

Is there any one on this board that dosn't have access to Matrox's unreleased products?
              Do you all have Marvel G400s?
              Anyone who can hook me up with a RT2000?

Mark F.

------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

[This message has been edited by Mark F (edited 10-07-1999).]
              Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
              --------------------------------------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
              and burped out a movie

Comment

Yes, no, and no.

Comment

Hi Elie,

you and the rest of the team can post images after the Marvel G400 either hits the streets or our on line store. Which ever comes first.

Haig

Comment

Anyone know if the RT2000 is going to implement Macrovision? If it does my RT2000 fund is gonna get transfered to a competitor's card.

Another thing I'd like to know is if the G400 on the RT2000 could be upgraded to a G800 (or whatever the G400's successor is). To me this would make good sense, but that doesn't mean anything.

Filmgeek

[This message has been edited by Filmgeek (edited 10-07-1999).]

Comment

I've found that most DVD's Macrovision protection can be bypassed by passing the composite video-out from the player through a Sima Copymaster or some similar device.

This of course doesn't guarantee anything about the RT2K.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Sure Haig

Regards,
                        Elie

Comment

Hello Haig

Can you comment on the implementation of Macrovision protection in the R2K.
                          Will there be any.

Pooh

Comment

Hi Pooh,

The Macrovision is on our G400 card. Don't know what our Video group plans to do with it.

Haig

Comment

Mark,

No, not everyone on the forum has a G400 Marvel. I certainly don't (although I'd love to review one), I'm still using my G200 Marvel. I also have a Mystique220/RR-S currently languishing in Somerset in my Dads system and a PCI G200 Millennium with a TV-O module and a G-Series RR in my second system.

The guys that have the G4Marvs are beta-testers, and they aren't allowed to discuss aspects of forthcoming cards until they are authorised to do so by Matrox. These guys are usually well worth listening to !

Comment

Working...
                              X