Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboGL and OPENGL32.dll

Can anyone help?

I've been stuck like many people trying to get TurboGL working on my kit.

Some suggestions have stated that the opengl32.dll file should not be in the game dir but in windows/system...but the version in the windows/system file is 737KB and the one generated by TurboGL Manager in the game dir is 578kb. What's going on here?

My games work fine in 'normal' OpenGL mode but fail to load in TurboGL mode.

I've tried setting the AGP port to 256mb but it will only select up to 128mb.

AMD-K6 III 450Mhz
    128MB RAM
    TMC TI5VGF motherboard
    SB Live
    G400 16mb (Single)

P.S. With the number of other people suffering from similar problems to mine you would have thought that Matrox would sort this out in a FAQ or reply to e-mails sent to them! My enthusiasm for Matrox products is seriously eroding fast!

P.P.S. On a different note does anyone else suffer from corrupted sound play during the start up of Quake3, during the ID emblem and intro FMV? Game play sound is fine. Any suggestions?

The windows\system opengl32.dll file is from Microsoft and is is part of the operating system. DONĀ“T mess with it or you basically loose opengl.

Opengl32.dll and glu32.dll must be in windows\system and are required. Basically they are the set of software opengl drivers from microsoft. Matrox driver installs an ICD (g400icd.dll) also in windows\system that picks of the calls from opengl32.dll and execute them in hardware.

Now the turbogl is a minigl driver. It only contains a subset of opengl instructions, in the present case, these ones needed by quake/unreal opengl ports. It is also named opengl32.dll and it is installed in the game folder to override the system ICD. Get it? The TurboGl and the Opengl32.dll from microsoft, despite the same name, are completly different files with diferent purposes.

Comment

I am almost certain that TurboGL needs 256 meg agp aperture (I tried with 64 and 128, but 256 was the only one that worked). If you can't set your agp that high than you might be out of luck, and the problem is the bios/motherboard, not the G400 or TurboGL.

See if there is an updated bios available for your motherboard. That might allow you to set the agp higher.

Comment

Make sure you are using the 5.30 drivers.
        With a K6xxx chip, only 5.30 will run the TurboGL miniGL....
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Or if you want to use the 5.4 drivers and my G400dd32.dll hack just scroll down the page for the Subject READ THIS IF USING 5.30! You CAN use the TurboGL on the 5.4 drivers on a K6 if you change ONE file!!!!!! With no problems I might add.
          C:\DOS
          C:\DOS\RUN
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
          X